Ratings for Dr. Alec Ritchie

Dr Richie is one of the best doctors I've ever encountered. Very professional, courteous, and sensible

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I went to Lions gate Hospital on Friday and saw Dr. Richie I was in for Abdominal pain. As soon as a bed was free he was in my room with in 5 minutes and apologized for the wait time. Asked me what was wrong and he did his examination. He pressed in a area that was so tender and found out it was on the right side, he took my blood pressure again and it was still high really high. I found out I had high blood pressure and wasn't aware of it before. He explained that even with me being stressed and in pain that it shouldn't raise my blood pressure that high and recommend me to go see a specialist. which he gave me the name and number to call on MOnday. He sent me for an emergency ultrasound and we found nothing. It may be a stomach bug or ulcer?

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Dr. Ritchie was extremely professional and very direct in asking questions about my pain. He told me very quickly what he felt my problem was and after a scan was correct. I had been going to my GP for 1 year and she just kept sending me to physio (which cost me a lot of pain and time).

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

dr ritchie gave me another specalists # but it was wrong and had to double back to him for the correct #, wtf alec

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

I was brought into LGH several years ago, suicidal but cooperative, calm, and lucid. I was then informed that because they were short-staffed I would be have to be drugged and tied face-down to a stretcher. So I'd have to say my impression of Dr. Ritchie is not a good one.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2008

Dr. Ritchie is a physician of highest calibre. He was an advocate for my father and demonstrated an extremely high degree of empathy, professionalism, and skill. He is a rose among the thorns however with the nursing staff at LGH clearly burned-out

flag | Submitted August 28, 2007

I went to the emergency ward with a seriously inflamed ankle after I had rolled it playing soccer. Dr Ritchie looked at it and did what he called a test - he pressed with a finger on one spot which hurt a lot - but he said obviously didn't hurt enough to be broken. He said that he could guarantee that it was only a sprain and I should see a physio he would not X ray it and said he was so sure it wasn't broken that I could sue him if it was (what a stupid statement). Reluctantly he gave me one tylenol 3. I went to the physio and he treated me for a sprain but was surprised that it didn't get better. My GP then sent me for the Xray that Dr Ritchie had refused. And it was diagnosed as broken in three places. The delay in treatment means that two years later I am still having trouble with this joint.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2007