Ratings for Dr. Surinder K. Arora

He had no care. Didn't even show he care. Iwill never go to him

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Just like others have said bedside matter is horrible. I have been going to him for a year now for acne. My acne cleared up the first 6 months then out of no where it flared up and I was asking for different meds he told me no the meds he gave me are still working even tho my face look terrible I was ashamed to go to work because my skin was broken out all over. When he did prescribed different meds, my insurance need his approval and he refused! I called several times and he refused to call my insurance or speak to them when they called so I could try the new meds. That was my last straw, I have started going to a new doctor mid atlantic skin institute and they were very nice and told me exactly what was going on with me skin. So please ppl dont waste your time with him!!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Now, the reason why I am giving Dr. Arora a higher score than what others have is simply because out of ALLLLLL the dermatologists I have visited he is the only one to diagnosis a skin condition on my face. I have been to several derms in the area and have paid $$$ for several visits in search of the "best" *sigh* didn't happen. I was referred to Dr. Arora by a friend whose skin cleared up after a few visits & her acne was moderate. Now he is abrupt, not very warm & to the point. But he looked at me and told me what was wrong. It was a relief & what he prescribed worked. After hours of searching trying to find what was going on w/my face I found what I thought to be an answer & he confirmed it without me saying anything. SO 'cause of that I am happy P.S. He also told me to wash my face w/ Zest soap, wtf? Like I said not very friendly & short but he helped me & for that he gets a high score! Thx, I am going to see him again after 2 yrs so I will update after this visit.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Horrific bedside manner!! Ill-mannered, and abrasive. The doctor was sloppy in his overall appearance, and lacked any sort of communication skills. I had to return to his office a few times, and had close to the same impression each time. It's as if he just wants to be rid of you. I don't understand how he is allowed to practice. I for one will not return to his office! His staff was fine, not any different than other doctors offices I've been too. Take your condition to a doctor that actually has concern for the patient, even if you spend more!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

This doctor is the worst "doctor" I've ever visited in my entire 37 years of life. I mean seriously, when my daughter and I walked in, he asked us both "what is your problem" and "what do you want" repeatedly? And he was so rude and abrassive in his tone. He was condescending and ignorant. He barely looked at our faces before asking if we can swallow pills and wrote out a prescription for meds that he halfway explained when I asked questions about side effects. He told my 17 year old daughter that she had "acne all over her face" and "would have acne for many, many years to come". I was disgusted and could not believe what I was hearing. I asked him if he was serious. He said yes. He slapped papers around the office and would not answer any questions I had about side effects. He said if I look up the prescription, I would start complaining about the side effects I read about. Wow!!! Never again. Do not, I repeat, Do not visit this so called doctor. Bedside Manner was horrific!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

Not a very good doctor. Doesn't seem to know what he's doing. Didn't make me feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

Would not give prescriptions. Would give expired sample medicine.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

i had to go back to this many times.he had to remove something from my leg &many months later i have a quarter sized scar where a spot was smaller than an eraser head.at 1 point after the stitched were taken out my leg bleed all over the bed!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2005

Dr. Surinder K. Arora's Credentials

• Maulana Azad Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1966)