Ratings for Dr. Heather J. Dawson

The quality of my life has greatly improved through the personal advocacy and consistent support of Dr. Dawson. Professionalism and compassion are readily reflected at the office. It offers a comfortable and safe environment in which to explore feelings previously not reconciled or even recognized. I have recommended Dr. Dawson to several friends and they seem equally impressed. I continue to eagerly recommend Dr. Dawson to anyone interested in personal growth and discovery. Stephen A.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Incredibly easy to confide in and has always given me excellent advice to manage my anxiety. I don't think any therapist could compare.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

She is extremely professional and a leader in her field. I found her to be a very caring person. She is genuine and honest yet has a gentle way of helping me understand my feelings and change. She is quite flexible in her approach, knowledgeable, and generous with her time. I have felt consistently supported by her and found new ways to approach the issues I came in with. I highly recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

She is a very helpful and caring professional. She helped me a lot. I would recommend her without hesitation.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Was very pleased with the experience. Would recommend Dr. Dawson to others and already have. Very warm, knowledgeable and caring. She really helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Dawson is an incredible therapist with a wealth of knowledge in her field. She is patient and friendly and extremely easy to confide in. She's always given me great advice to manage my anxiety and feelings. I would recomend her to anyone and do, often. No better psychologist in the nyc area, plus her office is conveniently located.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

What provider are these other reviews talking about? Is this provider a medical doctor or otherwise? Blood work? No problem here!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Talked about herself and her own issues, kept discussion superficial and did not want to explore my concerns deeper, would not let me choose what I wanted to talk about and would get defensive when I wanted to explore other topics. Made unprofessional, borderline threatening phone calls to me when I did not come anymore after telling her I would not return. She also would start late and not extend sessions so I could have a whole session. Cold, unprofessional, uninformed, creepy - she needs supervision and continuing education, or maybe she needs her license revoked. She certainly shouldn't be practicing unsupervised.

Submitted June 19, 2016

I visited Heather Dawson shortly after moving to Charleston, SC. I went in for basic blood work (my first visit) and answered normal health questions. When I told her about a miscarriage I had, she proceeded to tell me that had sinned against god. When I told her my grandfather died of a stroke she stated he didn't know the lord. This went on for most of the appointment. Finally she said I had to talk to her nurse about lab work and I bolted out the door. However, the comments that she made were completely unfounded and malicious.Also, her office was very dirty. Located behind her receptionist were stacks of papers stored in laundry baskets and when I was given the clipboard with all of my new patient paperwork, it contained information about another patient. Unless you believe that every bad thing that has happened to you and your family is due to you being an abomination to God I would strongly recommend finding another doctor.

Submitted February 11, 2010