Ratings for Dr. Heather J. Dawson

Was very pleased with the experience. Would recommend Dr. Dawson to others and already have. Very warm, knowledgeable and caring. She really helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Dawson is an incredible therapist with a wealth of knowledge in her field. She is patient and friendly and extremely easy to confide in. She's always given me great advice to manage my anxiety and feelings. I would recomend her to anyone and do, often. No better psychologist in the nyc area, plus her office is conveniently located.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

What provider are these other reviews talking about? Is this provider a medical doctor or otherwise? Blood work? No problem here!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Talked about herself and her own issues, kept discussion superficial and did not want to explore my concerns deeper, would not let me choose what I wanted to talk about and would get defensive when I wanted to explore other topics. Made unprofessional, borderline threatening phone calls to me when I did not come anymore after telling her I would not return. She also would start late and not extend sessions so I could have a whole session. Cold, unprofessional, uninformed, creepy - she needs supervision and continuing education, or maybe she needs her license revoked. She certainly shouldn't be practicing unsupervised.

Submitted June 19, 2016

I visited Heather Dawson shortly after moving to Charleston, SC. I went in for basic blood work (my first visit) and answered normal health questions. When I told her about a miscarriage I had, she proceeded to tell me that had sinned against god. When I told her my grandfather died of a stroke she stated he didn't know the lord. This went on for most of the appointment. Finally she said I had to talk to her nurse about lab work and I bolted out the door. However, the comments that she made were completely unfounded and malicious.Also, her office was very dirty. Located behind her receptionist were stacks of papers stored in laundry baskets and when I was given the clipboard with all of my new patient paperwork, it contained information about another patient. Unless you believe that every bad thing that has happened to you and your family is due to you being an abomination to God I would strongly recommend finding another doctor.

Submitted February 11, 2010

My experience has been the opposite of the only negative comment shown. Dr. Dawson is a great listener, warm, trustworthy, knowledgeable and insightful. It seems she was not a good match for the person who disliked her. And, if sessions run over, it's probably because the person before was crying or very upset, and she doesn't send a crying patient out into the waiting room. My sessions have almost always started and ended on time, but the one time we started late, she extended the session well beyond the missed time, and apologized twice, so I don't get what that other person's problem is.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Stay away from her! She was cold, had little insight, and seemed bored - almost irritated - to have to listen. She started sessions late, no apology, and wouldn't extend the session to make up for her lateness; sometimes she'd even end early when she had started late. I've had much warmer, professional, and knowledgeable therapists. This one seems to flat out dislike what she does.

Submitted May 1, 2007