Ratings for Dr. Andrew Woolfenden

I waited 8 months for this appointment and was really concerned that I would be rushed. Dr. Woolfenden was about 15 minutes late. BUT, once he came in he gave me his full attention and did not make me feel rushed at all. He explained the reasons for my symptoms and suggested lifestyle changes to help reduce the incidences going forward. He also explained the tests that I could have and how he was satisfied with the results of the CT scan. I felt positive managing my symptoms going forward, but he said to just call and come back anytime if the symptoms worsen. His assistant, Nicola, was also very nice.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Fantastic doctor. Saw me quickly. Ordered appropriate tests. Fast follow-up.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Finally after all these years and doctors I've seen, someone cares! Can't thank Dr. Woolfenden and his staff enough. This guy got the ball rolling, sent me to another specialist and I already have an MRI appointment this summer!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I will probably die before I see him. Nobody returns calls, fast staff turnover, staff not concerned about lost medical files. Unless you physicall show up in their office they wont talk to you or return your calls. I left 10+ over a one year period. They cancel your appointments one week prior and lie it is because drWoolfwnden' started leaving earlier. Lie - I showed up and someone else was there for my cancelled appt that I was waiting on for a year. I'm symptomatic with new stmptoms- had to permanently stop working, probably due to existing tumor growth. Nobody there cares or responds.

Submitted May 9, 2016

poor. wrong file twice. i had onset of severe nerve problems and wound up in Emerg. he did not ever return anyone's page or calls. Now I have a new neurologist who is actually ordering tests and looking into my symptoms instead of telling me dismisisively that they are 'no big deal.'

Submitted November 19, 2015

I saw Dr Woolfenden as a second opinion after seeing a very good but stumped Neurologist in Vancouver. Dr Woolfenden quickly diagnosed my problem, confirmed it with an an MRI within a week (wow), arranged for emergent treatment, and spent a lot of time discussing my situation with me and my family. He saw me regularly in follow-up until I was on my way to a full recovery. Thankfully I was sent to him. He really saved my life and got me through a very difficult time

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

He is the best, most caring doctor I have dealt with . He has been treating my back for over 12 years. He has always helped me, understood me, and been completely professional.. I wish more doctors were like him. His secretary is kind and very efficent. Higly recommend him

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

This is the doctor you want if you have a medical condition that is hard to diagnose. He is a digger and will be very thorough. You can't reach their office by phone which is a problem. The address on the internet for their office differed from the message given to a family member and we wanted to confirm. Went to the internet address which was less than a block away and they get people every day looking for them. Went to Broadway address and parking was underneath the building with an elevator access which was good. You get off the elevator and the reception desk looks like it is unmanned however it wraps around the corner and you can't see the receptionist. The receptionist was not interested in welcoming the patient nor did she tell us he was running behind. The doctor is energetic, thorough and inquisitive. I think he spends more time with patients than he needs to to make up for the waiting time. As a patient I can manage better with a doctor that is thorough and interested in my case. I would want him for any neurological issues and am glad my family member received his care. Would like them to update there internet information location and have a telephone number that you can choose a message to here where they are located. Oddly if you leave a message they will get back to you in 2 days however you must give 24 hour notice that you are not showing up. Service standard should be the same both ways.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

The first time I saw Dr. Wolfenden, after a 45 minute wait, we actually addressed my issue for a total of maybe 5 minutes, and then spent the rest of the time chit-chatting with me at his desk. Nice conversation, but not totally appropriate, and would have rather spent my time talking about my issue or getting one of his other patients out of the queue. This second time around I waited an hour for a follow-up appointment to finally walk out, with the receptionist responding that she was sorry, but it was just an appointment where he was giving me my results anyway (i.e., it wasn't important). And that these results were going to my GP anyways. If you have to book with this doctor, a.) make sure it's an important appointment, b.) make sure you have loads of time, and c.) don't expect much in the way of professionalism.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

I saw him twice. Once for an exam, in which he spent more than half of my time there talking to a colleague (while I was sitting next to him on the exam table in the gown) about their upcoming conference to the USA - what airline/hotel etc. Really?! Hello, I thought we were in the middle of an exam here! Second visit was when he gave me a traumatic incurable diagnosis. Of course I am upset and a bit of bedside manner would have gone a lone way, however, he was very arrogant with his feet up on his desk seeming like he had other things to do. He sent me on my way after a couple minutes and I couldn't remember if I was to make the appointment or if someone would phone me so I stopped to ask the receptionist on my way out. Dr. Woolfenden told me to stop bothering his receptionist as she was busy and to continue on my way. Unbelievable! I think I was in shock with everything I had just been told. I will never go back to this arrogant man who needs training in bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013