Ratings for Dr. Frank Kortbeek

Exceptional ! I had a spinal fusion done was home in 4 days. Back to most normal activity between6-8 weeks. My spinal pain was gone immediately after surgery. I was up walking the very next morning! Recovery was better than I ever would have imagined. The next year, however, another vertebrae further up was affecting the nerves in my feet. He saw me again and that night at 10:00, he did surgery on my spine again to save the nerves in my feet! He even came back from holiday, because I had been a previous patient. He gave me my life back at65yrs of age, and I'll forever be grateful for his talent and understanding. He's a wonderful person and I feel blessed to have had him in my corner!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

I had a partial Oxford knee replacement in 2015 in Royal Alex. Went home next day...and keep skiing, playing badminton and volleyball...Not necessarily recommended...but dr. Kortbeek's job results were better than expected. Thanks

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Had my ACL knee surgery performed by Dr. Kortbeek , vey professional , helpful , pleasant, and an excellent surgeon ! I continue to play soccer into my 50's .

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I would not trust this doctor with my life. He does unorthodox procedures and treats his pateints like there not even human.. I highly recomend never getting put under for surgery with this doctor. He should lose his job for malpractice

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

I recently had a total right hip replacement performed by dr. Kortbeek. The surgery went very well and it's only been 8 weeks since I had surgery. I'm walking good and waiting for a left hip replacement. Dr kortbeek is an excellent surgeon. I r ecomend him highly to anyone getting a hip replacement. Thank you dr. Kortbeek

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

In May of 2016, I received a total right knee replacement at the Royal Alex Hospital performed by Dr. Kortbeek. After the operation I spent two weeks on crutches, then physio, then I started walking approximately a kilometer every day pain free and feeling 100%. I am now back in the gym 3 days per week and I am walking endlessly. I highly recommend Dr. Kortbeek to anyone seeking a joint replacement and I give him a five out of five stars for the operation. Thank you Dr. Kortbeek.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Had a l5 s1 disc herniatio on sept 09/16. Went through multiple treatments and pain pills. Seen DR.kortbeek in november and was sent for cortizone shots which did not help. Had my surgery at leduc hospital on feb 06/17. Was told to ecercise lightly by dr kortbeek. I avaeraged between 36 and 42 km a week walking, and 10 km a day on a exercise bike for 5 weeks after my surgery. Had a follow up with him on mar 20/17 and was cleared for light duties at work agter being off work for more than six months. The staff were more than helpfull through out the whole process and dr.kortbeek was on of the best people i have had the pleasure to meet. Thanks dr.kortbeek for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Awesome doctor. Very down to earth and very supportive

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Thanks to Dr. Frank Kortbeek, I returned to a normal way of life after suffering for a long time. That was 2008. Now, 2016 I will go to him again for his skill and professionalism to help me again with another problem. No one else will do.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Kortbeek was a personable, caring and did an excellent job after suffering in extreme pain with sciatica and repair of the vertebra. My surgery was last August and I am able to do all the things I did before, including golfing.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016