Ratings for Dr. Vu N. Truong

My concern is he was caught once cheating on his billings so he thought of a new way to cheat and was busted again. We don't know what his problem was that caused this behaviour yet the courts weighted heavily on his 70 visits to his Psycologist. He must have been seeing his psycologist a couple of times a week for 70 visits. How do we know if he is cured of what ever caused him to commit a serious crime against our cash starved medical. He is very personable but I need more proof that it won't happen a third time.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

He is my specialist saved my life!!!! Whatever happen to him, he is a wonderful and professional doctor to treat his patient.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

My wife and myself are patients of Dr. Truong. In our opinion he is a superb urologist and has excellent doctor/patient relations. His record shows that he is an excellent surgeon and has saved many lives during his practice, including my wife who had kidney cancer. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and am grateful, pleased and relieved that Dr. Truong has been overseeing my treatment. Yes, Dr. Truong made an error of judgement and has been facing the consequences of his actions through the court system as well as Fraser Health. It is our hope that the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC will see their way to allow him to continue to practice medicine in British Columbia. Dave McGowan

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I refer many of my patients to Dr. Truong. He is very well liked by patients, and I am very satisfied with his care. I am very upset with the MSP charges against him, as well as the court decision. Both institutions should be ashamed of their actions.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

One of the best surgeons, compassionate, professional, approachable, and kind. He is a great doctor and we NEED people like him to take care of us. Dr Truong you are the best!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I have known Dr Vu Truong since he was young, I know his family, and he has been an outstanding doctor for my prostate condition for several years since he started his urology practice in Metrotown. He is well balanced, conscientious, and thorough. I rate him as an exceptionally good doctor, and his competence and kindness are well above normal. I was concerned about his guilty plea about overbilling the BC medical system. However there are clearly not enough checks and balances in place and some of the fault must lie squarely with the provincial government. House arrest is a serious stigma for anyone to be subjected to, and he will carry the burden of this for the rest of his life. Revoking hospital privileges for Dr Truong, knowing that his billing record will be very carefully scrutinized in the future, seems counter productive, a waste of a professional who is entering his most experienced career phase, and not in the interests of we who pay for the BC Medical system. I urge Fraser Health and the BC College of Physicians to think carefully before they do more damage to Dr Truong and his patients.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I too feel that this particular doctor did wrong, BUT with the talent he possesses and the excellent bedside manner, we CAN'T and SHOULD NOT THROW HIM TO THE WOLVES. It is bad enough we have a critical shortage of GOOD doctors due to the ignorance of the B.C. government, but to have his privileges revoked is ridiculous. Fine him and watch his returns. Some of the corruption that goes on in government is way worse then this incident. Fraser Health needs only to look inside and see that they are so top heavy with CEO's tripping over each other and our doctors and nurses run steady. Burnaby Hospital is a MASH unit and the doctors and nurses there are excellent. So this time Fraser Health USE YOUR HEAD AND SOME COMMON SENSE, and don't throw away an excellent surgeon for something that did not pertain to "A SURGERY".

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

It's undeniable he is a talented surgeon. I've been a patient of his and I'm a colleague as well. I'm not concerned with his lapse in judgement with his billing, my concern is the care he provides for his patients which in my opinion is top notch. The government rips taxpayers off everyday and we are none the wiser but when it happens to them it makes front page of the news and tarnishes the reputation of a great doctor. He paid his dues and deserves a second chance. I hope the outcome of this all doesn't rob our community of someone who has the potential to change/save a life. I'm praying for you Dr Truong.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Went though with Green Light Therapy with Dr.Truong and he is terrific. Attentive, focused and supportive. Fabulous results! Dave Somerford February 2,2017

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

This guy is the best! I have been going to him for over 3 years dealing with my bladder cancer. Even though he is incredibly busy, he schedules me in me right away if i have any concerns. He knows his stuff, has the most incredible receptionist in Angela, I feel like I'm in the best hands in the world, and I sure hope he doesn't lose any privileges over medicare billing BS. We all know great doctors like him can go anywhere else in the world, especially the U.S. and get paid a lot more. So...when yo see this kind of thing happening more and more, pay them what they deserve so they are less likely to take billing in their own hands. Let them be the best doctors they can be, and not have them worry about the money.! keep your head up Dr. Truong, keep fighting and don't leave us.....Nick Del Monte

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017