Ratings for Dr. Vu N. Truong

This guy knows his stuff. Started in his office with a kidney stone. The conventional treatment by others didn't work, so we decided on surgery by him to correct the fact that a stone had moved into the ureter. The operation was a success. I was in and out of the hospital in a single day. 5 days later he removed the stent in his office in minutes. 3 days after that I went back to jogging. By the way, Angela, his receptionist, is nice, cheerful, and high energy. Hi Angie! Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I was shocked the day I saw RED and went directly over to my local ER and while I wasn’t told a lot, by the way they related to me I was sure they knew and referred me for an exam right away. Dr. Vu Truong, MD, Urologist, had me in for an exam quickly and it showed in the lining of my bladder. During my follow up at his office he put my wife and I a little more at ease by reviewing the results and telling us that the plan of treatment has a high success rate, and said he was glad I came in at the first sign of symptoms. Being thorough he also ordered and CT scan to make sure it didn't spared anywhere else and that was when another big surprise came. The CT discover a large aneurysm in my spline. Well to make a long story shorter Dr. Truong's team at Burnaby General was great and they did a lot to make me feel at ease and the procedure was successful. The aneurysm procedure went well and I was told by the Vascular Surgeon that without the CT scan they most likely wouldn’t of found the aneurysm until it was too late. I have been free of a reoccurrence for over a year now and I'm on a maintenance exam schedule and back to my normal life.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr Truong allowed me to make the decision regarding medications and evenyually surgery. A number of people I know have had surgery with lasting complications which made me delay my own . My surgery was very successful, I now wish I ad opted for it sooner. Dr Truong is very personable, has never rushed me and always answered my questions. Angela is the absolute best!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Receptionist, Angela is great, very patient and professional. Although I had to wait to see doctor, Dr Truong was very personable and understanding. He answered any questions I had prior to me asking them.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Great doctor and what can I say about his receptionist amazing the best I have seen

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Discovered I had a kidney stone late on Sunday night and as they was some concern about infection on Monday I was referred to Dr Truong who performed a procedure that very night at Burnaby General to blast it with a laser. Found him to be a very informative and compassionate man who explained everything in easy to understand terms.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

i don't find him to be a very caring doctor. He perform surgery on my husband and he didn't call to check up on him.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Nothing but amazing things to say about him and his receptionist Angela. I have seen him a few times. One time I was in emergency and he was on call, happened to be there. Saw me, took me into surgery and I was home all within six hours. I know that is timing and not all because of him. But the way he takes time to speak to me and my family is so appreciated. Always nice to know that when I call I will always be greeted by a cheerful hello from Angela as well.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I was unsure when my father was assigned to Dr Truong after his Dr who was well respected and liked by my father retired. On my first visit while waiting in the office you thought everyone in that office was on happy juice. You would soon learn that this is in their DNA and in turn rubs off on you. The transition was smooth and Dr Truong patient and bed side care was bar nun. Angela the traffic controller was very pleasant to interact with unlike the grumpy stereotypes that you come across at specialist office. I almost never do write up of this kind but when one is deserving you feel obligated.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. Truong is a confident, professional, knowledgeable and skilled surgeon/ urologist. He performed an orchiectomy to remediate a tumour. He put me at ease prior to the surgery and the surgery itself went smoothly and painlessly. Dr. Truong personally called my wife after the operation and put her at ease.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014