Ratings for Dr. M. Alberts

I saw him in emergency in May 2014. I had been unable to urinate all night, bladder was full and painful. He catheterized me and relieved the pain, but somehow he got the idea that the problem was due to a spinal cord lesion. After me being in MJUH emerg all morning and part of afternoon, he asked me to drive to Regina to see a neurologist, finally got to see him at 10PM. The neurologist heard my story and said the problem was obstructive, nothing to do with neurology. He had no idea why Dr Albert sent me to him. He referred me to a urologist who found a bladder infection. Entire day wasted by Dr Alberts.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I first saw the Dr in the ER in Moose jaw, I come in with such terrible pain, they did the normal blood work, X-rays and then the waiting time. I was let go with no diagnosis, but still feeling the pain in my back. The hospital called me to come back for another blood workup, in the mean time I had to go to an appointment in Saskatoon, but my caregiver couldn't get me up the next morning, I was very lathergic, still went to Saskatoon, didnt know where I was or who I was. My caregiver brought me back to see Dr Alberts from being in Saskatoon that evening. They told me that I was septic, and had to be on an antibiotic right away. A few days later I had to go back to the hospital with such horrific pain, he said that he was going to give me some ketamine, said that it can be used as a pain killer. He gave me an overdose of it and had to be bagged as I was losing consciousness. My question to the hospital is should this so called Dr be practicing in the ER if mistakes like this could cost a persons life. Then they tryed to cover it up. My care giver was right there and saw it all. I now make a point never to go to the Moose Jaw hospital for anything, I go into Regina if I need to.

Submitted January 14, 2016

Assumes you a drug addict. Treats you with disrespect. His ego means his never wrong. Never mind reporting his behaviour he is a master at saying terrible things without reviewing history and writing only that which will keep him out of trouble. I have him on tape. He may be good but he has a thing about assuming and treating people he deems drug addicts as garbage. The irony is he created several addicts by poorly managing their care... so now he over compensates. He's an. A--.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I had seen a doctor in the walk in clinic due to a throat infection. 2 days later it was no better, and saw him in Emerg. it had been 3 days of no food, not much for fluids. i had sores all in my mouth... previos doc prescribed me penicilin, i asked him for a different antibiotic. he looked at my throat, told me my infection was viral, but gave me eurythromycin (sp), saying it was a waste of time, and i shouldnt even bother filling the prescription. 36 hours after my first pill, i was eating and drinking again. he was rude, rushed me, and kept looking at me as if to say 'who's the doctor here'

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Dr.Alberts is a professional, empathetic doctor who personalizes his care. He is genuine, knowledgeable and very attractive. I would recommend him to both young and old.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

Dr. Alberts saw my daughter in emergency at the hospital. He was very kind and great with my 4 year old. He took extra measures to call me at home and request that I bring her back as her condition was more seious than I could handle at home. He seemed generally concerned for her and made me fell very comfortable having him care for her. He was very polite and never pushed anything on me, he let the decision rest in my hands which help earn my respect as I can not stand pushy doctors. Thank you Dr. Alberts!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

I really didnt like him to much. he gave my daughter asthma meds when she doesnt have asthma.he was very rude to me, and thought i was a dumb mother. what a rude doctor

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

He prescibed my son the wrong dosage(way too high for his age) for his asthma medicine. If it wasnt for the pharmacist. He would have been very very ill.We were very upsetand angry and still are. Plus he did not seem to even check him over , just asked me what the other doctors prescribed him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

I take my parents (aged 92 and 88 years) to see Dr. Alberts...they think he wonderful! He is so kind, patient and respectful. He is knowledgeable, but if he doesn't know something he will find out. My parents' health has improved since seeing Dr. Alberts.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

Saw Dr Alberts for a skin condition. I presented him the cream I got from my old GP in Ontario that didn't work. Dr. Alberts brainstormed for awhile and thought of another cream that was very pricey and not totally sure if it would work. He left it up to me whether I wanted to try it. I opted for no so he prescribed me a similar cream to my old one (at least it's better than nothing) and did a referral to a dermatologist in regina. I got the call from the Dermatologist who said she'd gotten an "urgent referral" and could I be seen next week! Thanks Dr Alberts. You were sensitive to the fact that some meds are $$$ and didn't pressure me into buying one and got me into a dermatologist for a week after the referral. totally awesome. As a new citizen of MJ I'll come back and see you again.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008