Ratings for Dr. Liang-Li Yu

Was recommended this alternative doctor by a friend who was helped with menopausal symptoms but Im not happy with help i received. After a month of expensive treatments my chronic pain was no better and when I tried to discuss the matter she was very abrupt and confrontational, like it was something I was doing wrong. If you are dealing with a serious problem i would not tell anyone to visit this clinic. There are much more knowledgeable and helpful alternative practitioner in the area. Trust me, you don't have to look hard either.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

I had inflammation in my knees, elbows, ankles, wrists and was immobile for about a year. After my first session, I noticed I had dry mouth and was constantly going to the bathroom that first week. She was flushing away the toxins in my system. 4 sessions later and I could tell my body was making a huge recovery. I now have little to no inflammation and have been getting back my physical energy. Doctors just prescribed me advil and it did absolutely nothing in the long run. I would highly recommend acupuncture for a natural remedy.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Would NOT recommend this doctor. I went to her with a chronic illness and by the time she was finished with me I was worse than ever. She is also very expensive, I had to buy chinese herb which made me so sick my husband was worried I was going to end up in ER. She said Keep taking anyways. The acupuncture treatments are VERY painful. You can hear patients screaming in the next room. No, I'm not exaggerating. After over 15 treatments I had no benefits. An ethical acupuncturists will stop after 5 if patients notices no improvement. Stay away from this doctor, I wish I'd never stepped foot in her door.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

I went to see Dr. Yu about a rotator cuff injury that had been plaguing me for over a year and which had not been corrected by physio therapy. I am happy to report that my shoulder is almost 100% and I can do things now that were impossible before. I highly recommend Dr. Yu for her treatment and her gentle and respectful way of dealing with me as a patient.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

This acupuncturist is very poor. She has not enough knowledge to carry on her practice and I got bad result.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Dr. Liang-Li Yu is an unprofessional doctor. She called my house twice early AM, when she thought I had an appointment with her, as she clearly had written on the back of her card, the appointment was for the following week. She did not listen and repeated that she had written that I was to come in that day. Unfortunately, she proceeded to say that she no longer wanted me as a client. As a health care professional myself, this is inappropriate behavior to carry in a professional business/industry.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I first went to see Dr. Yu with neck pain that I had suffered with for over almost 30 years that resulted from a car accident. I had been on different medications, tried physiotherapy many times, but the pain would always return. After only a few treatments with Dr. Yu, the pain was gone and hasn't returned. I have since been to Dr. Yu for gastrointestinal issues which she has corrected without harmful meds or invasive testing. She is extremely knowledgeable and her calm and caring manner makes each visit a real treat. I have recommended her to everyone I know and will continue to see her for regular "tune ups". She is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I saw Dr Yu many times in 2008 and I was very satisfied. She's so friendly and answers all your questions. Very gentle and caring also when putting the needles in. My condition improved quite a lot while I was seeing her. Definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Extremely intelligent and knowledgeable. She is simply the best I have ever come across. Kind, caring, and I can't stress enough how knowledgeable she is. I believe that she was formerly an ER Doctor in China - a neurologist?!? When she immigrated to Canada, her qualifications weren't recognize. Her vast knowledge traditional medicine, of Traditional Chinese Medicine, use of Acupuncture, and years of medical training, combined with her humble, respectful, caring, kind persona, make her a true gem.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Dr.Yu is very approachable and knowledgeable about her field. She takes time to explain and to answer any questions. I credit her with improving my health by balancing my body system. This alleviated the pain I was experiencing that had no obvious basis. She is honest in her approach and represents only Traditional Chinese Medicine concepts in her treatments which have effectively improved my overall health.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007