Ratings for Dr. John McKaigney

Good experience for me. Was kind and thorough. Seemed very concerned about the whole person.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

He was not helpful what so ever, and sent me home in pain.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I met Dr. McKaigney through the emergency department. He was kind, patient and knowledgeable. He listened to my concerns, explained what could be causing this and explained the tests needed to diagnose. Understanding to my suffering he booked me in for an emergency scope the very next day. The procedure went well and he called me personally to tell me the biopsy results. Unfortunately he is semi-retired and not able to be my Dr. for follow up care. I am so greatful to have had Dr. McKaigney, he was a shining light to me in the middle of my miserable sickness. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

extremely recommended!!!!!very knowledgeable plus lots of years of experience

flag | Submitted September 10, 2011

Dr.MaKaigney is a wonderful doctor. He is more than willing to take the time to explain anything that you may not understand. I also find him to be very honest and up front with his patients regardless if he is delivering good or bad news. On a personal note I am terrified when the day comes that he decides to retire I don't know how I'm going to find another Doctor to replace him. I have such a great relationship with him. After battling with Crohn's for over 20 years Dr.McKaigney shows me a great deal of respect when we are discussing my current health issues. So few Doctors show that type of respect for their patients opinion. I will miss him dearly when he retires and I know I will never find another Doctor like him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

I love Dr Mckaigney! He was very helpful and he was able to diagnose me right away(I have UC) and heis funny! He makes you laugh at things that most people would find embarassing talking about. I was always able to get in to see him and his assistant Claire is very helpful! Yes, you have to leave a message most times but she gets back to you right away.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Very poor patient follow-up, he is very un-organized and often looses dictations which leads to poor care. It took him almost 6 months to get back to me with a specialist's refferal letter. That is a long time to wait considering it was just a refferal letter that was needed. His secretary is not very helpful either and rarely ever answers the phone. I would not reccommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2008

I had to see this this doctor for a very embarrassing, painful problem. He was VERY empathetic, understanding and knoweldgable. His exam was gentle yet thorough. He treated he with respect and spoke to me in a language I could relate to. I was very apprehensive and he put he at ease. I was referred by my GP and was able to see him with in 2 months. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007