Ratings for Dr. A. Sawka

Dr. Sawka is pleasant, however she is very number oriented rather than how the patient is feeling on the dosage. I find she keeps levels low. Her assistant can be nice but also scattered, not documenting items, annoyed if you ask her a question and curt, even giving you an appointment when there is no clinic. It seems that what the patient says has little bearing or consideration. It's all about the numbers. I'm quite uncomfortable if I ask a question regarding the dosage and told to simply to accept it.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Dr Sawka is wonderful. She truly cares about her patients and spends the time to make sure I understand everything I’m going through with my thyroid cancer. She is thorough and patient and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr Sawka truly is one of Canada's very best Endocrinologists. She is so caring and very knowledgeable. I was diagnosed with a large nodule and early graves and had many tests done under her care to ensure I was making the best decision. I just had my surgery and my recent blood work is all normal now. Its thanks to her and Dr. Goldstein that I got through this and I am now healthy. I feel so blessed to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

They are nice and pleasant enough, but I find Dr. Sawka seems to keep the synthroid on the low side and is number oriented rather than how the patient is feeling. Her assistant is very unorganized and scattered, giving me appointments when there is no clinic and making a mess of things. Wait times are over 1 hour.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr. Sawka showed patience empathy and understanding during mypre tests & presurgical complete thyroid removal for thyroid cancer. She's amazing. Corrine her assistant is equally skilled congenial and amazing. I too have had to wait and sometimes been seen right on time. But as mentioned; because She spends as much time with me as I need,I never feel rushed and understand as I prefer knowing that my needs are being met over and above convenience and timetable efficiency.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Sawka for a few years now. She is an amazing doctor with a caring but no nonsense atttitude. She is thorough and dedicated to her patients. I am so blessed to have her on my team.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

The problem is that you to get past the assistant to get to the doctor and said assistant messes up appt. dates, doesn't return phone calls, gives incorrect info to the ultrasound dept, so even the appt. made for u/s was wrong...what's the point of making appts, for follow-up if they're wrong and you can't get an answer after leaving several phone messages? This is more than frustration. It can be dangerous to not have follow-up, so I'll be changing doctors, sadly.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Excellent Doctor. Very professional, thorough and caring! Love her assistant as well!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I met with Dr. Sawka for the first time today and was extremely impressed with her professional, thorough and kind attention. An excellent physician. I feel that I am in very capable hands. Her assistant was also very helpful and professional.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I've seen Dr. Sawka at least 6 times over the past year and a half through numerous tests phases for thyroid cancer. She's amazing. She is kind, patient, attentive, and careful. I feel so lucky to have found her. Her assistant is also amazing. I have sometimes had to wait and sometimes been seen right on time. It doesn't bother me if I have to wait. She spends as much time with me as I need and I never feel rushed so I understand that if I have to wait it's because she's giving this level of attention to someone else.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015