Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Pleatman

Changed my life! Down 125 lbs after 18 months post-op and still losing due to my new lifestyle.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr Pleatman & his staff are AMAZING!!! They made my VSG experience great!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Having recently achieved my weight loss goal of 200 pounds, I felt I should recognize the surgeon who made it possible. As a formerly morbidly obese 60 year old male (380 lbs.), I had struggled with being overweight much of my life. After years of failed weight loss efforts and prodding by my GP to seek surgical assistance, I was referred to Dr. Mark Pleatman. At my first consultation I was soon reassured by the doctor's professional manner and his straight forward explanation of the process. He made clear the commitment and effort I would need to make for the sleeve gastric bypass procedure to be a success. Being highly motivated the required pre-surgical weight loss and dietary changes came rather easily. Surgery and the post surgical period were not without discomfort, but certainly manageable. Following Dr. Pleatman's post surgical dietary guidelines have lead to consistent and welcomed weight loss. My results have been life altering. I am most grateful to Dr. Pleatman's skill!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Dr. Mark Pleatman is a very skillful surgeon, he is at the very least a perfectionist. He is very knowledgeable, honest and straight forward. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is searching for a good surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

My wife just had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy from Dr. Pleatman. We are from out of state and cash pay, which made the entire process, from first office contact to actual surgery transpire in about 3 weeks. Dr. Pleatman was completely professional and extremely skilled as far as we can determine. So far my wife is doing well and his staff has been very helpful. We both agree that we are not sure why there are comments about Dr. Pleatman's bedside demeanor being lacking. Yes, he is straight to the point, but I see nothing upsetting about that. He seemed to care about the decision my wife was making and our concerns. I am actually confused as to what some of these people writing comments want out of their physician. Dr. Pleatman was gratious and answered all questions honestly. The package deal that he has put in place with Dr's. Hospital of Michigan was very well administered and completely professional. Wonderful care all around. My wife and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

Doc is very serious about treating you and the staff was very knowledgeable. Love the ladies at the hospital, nurses were great n tolerated me. lol! I lost 43lbs since June 19th,2012. My goal is 150-185 so I am almost there! Thanks Dr.Pleatman!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

Seems a little unpersonable until you get to know him,then you find he provides surgical care in foreign countries, has multiple interests he enjoys talking about, and is great with motivated patients (he can be less supportive of patients he feels aren't trying.) His technique is better than some of the other surgeons who don't staple as carefully and accurately. Definitely the best in the area. Hospital treated me well. He sure beats going to one of those WLS factories that crank them out sloppily and fast. Oh, I am a medical person, am experienced in surgery, so I speak with knowledge.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

I received the best of treatment both at Dr. Pleatman's office and at the hospital. The entire procedure went perfectly. I have lost almost 70 pounds in 15 weeks.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Dr. Pleatman is highly skilled & very knowledgeable. He & his staff do not provide enough information about what to expect after surgery, but I found a number of books to be helpful for that & he was always willing to answer questions. Although the staff is, indeed, not polished, the office seems to run smoothly & any problems are handled promptly. The informational seminar provides a great deal of information, (as does the initial consultation if you are prepared with questions), but is painful to sit through, with a presenter who appears to know little about the process & is not comfortable in front of people. Bottom line, however, of all of the physicians I consulted with, Dr. Pleatman had the highest skill & success & lowest number of complications or post surgical problems.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2010

I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my WLS surgery. I feel that Dr. Pleatman is very competent and qualified. I had no complications or problems.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. Mark A. Pleatman's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Commercial Insurance Company