Ratings for Dr. O. Lucille Lanna

Afshin nasseri is one of the best doctor I have ever had , I would like to recommend every one.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I have found Dr. Lanna very direct, which might put some people off, but I prefer this. She is very precise in her language, and very thoughtful and clinical in her assessments of your health or ailments. She thinks like a scientist, meaning that she wants to figure out the source of the problem, rather than just writing a prescription. I consider myself very lucky to have become one of her patients.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

I've seen Dr. Lanna since I was 12 (about ten years now). She always makes me wait, which would be fine if it was worth it - but its not. She misdiagnosed me with Lyme, and made me take several different drugs, AFTER my test results came back negative. She frequently says unprofessional things. When I first met her when I was 12, I said "Hi, how are you?" because she burst into the room without addressing me. She responded "Eh.. not great, I just had to change my pants because I bled through a tampon." She has also repeatedly complained to me that her other patients are stupid. Apparently impressed with my recent BS degree, she asked me how I cope with all the stupid people in RI. (?) I could keep giving examples, but it would be redundant. Overall, she's either unknowledgeable or doesn't care enough to try, she's completely unprofessional with her comments, and she views her patients as dollar signs.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Lanna for 13 years now and absolutely love her. I know she has had her days when she isn't the friendliest but that was during the time when I think she was having a lot of medical issues herself. Other than that, I have always found her to be very, very thorough and helpful. She does do a lot of tests but she wants to make sure she doesn't miss anything. I think her staff has always been very nice and respectful. I just went in for my physical the other day and she said she is going to start using e-mail, which is great. I don't think I've ever waited over 30 minutes for her but I usually go to early appointments anyways. I love having Dr. Lanna as my PCP!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

This is a very good doctor! I've been to others and none have provided me with the level of attention or care that Dr. Lanna has. She's been a great help to me. When I first started going to her, 2-years ago, I was very ill with several conditions. She spent a lot of time with me to get things corrected. Now, I’m much healthier - and more health conscious - than I ever was. If you're not serious about doing what the doctor tells you e.g. get your tests performed and follow through with the specialists, change your diet and lifestyle, take prescribed meds and vitamins, etc., etc. then don't go to Dr. Lanna...she has a low tolerance for people who aren't genuinely serious about doing what it is needed to get better. I'm glad she's my PCP!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

Being a patient of Dr Lanna has its pros and cons. A Pro being that if you come to her with a health issue she will go above and beyond to try and figure out the cause. It is true that she will send you for numerous tests to try to figure out whats happening. I would much rather go through the tests than have a doctor that shrugs off your medical complaints and just sends you home with the suggestion of "bed rest". A possible con would be that Dr Lanna is prone to prescribe sometimes controversial medicine when she thinks she has come up with the cause of your medical issue. This happened once and after reading about the med,I came back and told her I wasnt comfortable taking it.She was understanding.I like that she also tries alternative treatments, like vitamins. I have experienced one rude secretary there, she reminded me of a snappy teen. The rest have been very sweet. Dr Lanna can be quirky but she is defintely passionate and knowledgeable. Plus the new derm is great!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

Ok! SO here is my complaint. I have never been so mortified and hurt in my life. Dr Lanna is the most unhelpful Dr in the world. She seems confused all the time and always blaming the patient for her mistakes so i am over it with this doctor. She has sent me for the same test four times and doesnt seem to understand the results. She tells me one thing and then the next visit is like oh i never said that. I feel for her staff. I think the Staff does the best they can working for a "QUACK". tHE sTAFF HAS ALWAYS TREATED AND GREETED ME WITH RESPECT. hOWEVER THE DOCTOR IS AWFUL. I HAVE FINALLY STARTED TO LOOK FOR A NEW DOCTOR AFTER ONLY BEING THERE A FEW MONTHS. I FEEL SHE DOESNT LISTEN TOT HE PATIENT ONLY WRITES WHAT SHE WANTS AND WHO EVER HEARD OF A DOCTOR THAT DOESNT ALLOW YOU TO EXPLAIN YOUR SYMPTOMS AND NOT GET UPSET. I WISH THIS DOCTOR COULD TAKE A HARD LOOK IN HER OWN BACK YARD AND SEE SHE IS ARROGANT AND IGNORANT AND HURTFUL.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

Dr. Lanna has had the same policy for years. She does not practice medicine over the phone. It is not cost effective. Her staff has always done the best they can. If you read the previous ratings you will see the same comments about her staff. If you have gone there for a few years you know that the staff is constantly changing and yet the complaints stay the same. Dr. Lanna runs her office the way she chooses. It is her practice.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Her staff is soo bad that she will soon loose all of her patients when they realize it. They never fax reports, give the doctor her messages, she doesn't return them when you do leave one. They are totally incompetent idiots.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr. Lanna has saved my life, and I must say, I think I'm the cause for some of the other complaints from previous comments. I need to talk to her, for her to explain my situation, and she makes sure to give me that time, even if it means her other patients have to wait. In this community, many doctors dont send out many tests - Dr. Lanna does. She wants to make sure she doesnt miss your diagnosis. I call this thorough, and dont know why this would be a problem for anyone. Many doctors take shortcuts - she never does. If you want a doctor who skips over important steps in order to stay on time, go somewhere else. If you want a genuine doctor, a kind person, someone committed to finding you health, see dr. lanna

flag | Submitted July 3, 2008

Dr. O. Lucille Lanna's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Newport, RI