Ratings for Dr. Thomas H. Ravin

I have been going to Dr Ravin for over 30 years. He continues to put me back together and permanently repair my injuries. Examples; shoulder that constantly dislocated, carpel tunnel, tennis elbow, an ankle that a horse had flipped over on pinning the foot to the shin, neck, pelvis, knee, the other ankle that had a repetitive injury due to competitive dancing, and most recently I was thrown from the back of a large moving truck onto the asphalt. Not once have I had to have surgery due to his care. Treatments are painful. However as soon as the needle is out of the tendon or ligament the pain subsides. I have never missed a day of work due to his treatments. I am a 5'1" lady.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I was run over by a car when I was 4 yrs. old in 1959. I sustained a pelvic fracture which was finally correctly diagnosed after 3 weeks of me not being able to walk on my right leg and it healed on it's own. That was in 1959 and diagnostic procedures in Oklahoma were very primitive at best. They did not notice that my pelvis had been twisted on the spine and the right side of my pelvis was pushed back and down. As I grew older I developed more and more low back pain and frequent spinal misalignment. After several years of Chiropractic manipulations that did help me be able to bend over and put on my shoes and lessen my pain for a while, I got to the point to where my Dr. told me my sacral ligaments were stretched and any further manual alignment was not possible. At this point my sacroiliac joint in my sacrum moved out of place and I was in excruciating pain and could not walk. I could not tolerate the weight of my upper body on my pelvis and had to use crutches to struggle to the bathroom while in unbearable pain--I could do nothing else. My Dr. in Durango, CO recommended Dr. Ravin for Prolotherapy to tighten up my loosened pelvic ligaments so they would hold my pelvis together. Within a few monthly injections in several locations in my sacrum, I noticed an incredible improvement. Unfortunately, because my initial injury with boney deformity of my pelvis causes me to walk abnormally constantly, I have to get injections about every 2 to 3 years, when my sacral ligaments loosen up again. I don't mind the screaming pain of getting the injections because I know that the outcome is the return to a normal, quality life! Even if I have to have the injections repeated every few years. I feel strongly that Dr. Ravin has saved my life in that physical and psychological way. Nothing else could help me have ANY quality of life! Also, he recently found my hip ligaments to be loose and tightened them so I wouldn't have to deal with hip joint replacements in the future. He has written a book to help other physicians learn how to perform Prolotherapy. And, he has an excellent knowledge of physical manipulation of my limbs at times which has done away with the need for injections in those painful spots. Now THERE'S an honest Dr.! Dr. Ravin has also done ligament work on my husband's shoulders with great results!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Two of my Doctors recommended Dr. Ravin. I have had 4 treatments thus far and think highly of Dr. Ravin and his expertise. Dr. Ravin does not work in his basement. His home is half home and half medical office. It is sufficient for what his requirements are. Does Prolo hurt? Hell yes! To the wimp who puked, toughen up. Your other therapies at the other clinic probably did not hurt because the healing process has begun. Each subsequent treatment becomes less painful. I have 2-3 more visits to go and hopefully I'll be back on the skis!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Ravin has worked miracles on my back. After years of floundering around with Chiropractors and still being in pain I was lucky enough to find Dr. Ravin. My back is in feels great and I’m able sit comfortably in a coach airline seat! If you have a chronic joint issue then never seems to get any better then you owe it to yourself to make an appointment with Dr. Ravin. If the issue is with your ligaments then Phototherapy is the best option. The key is with Dr. Ravin’s knowledge and skill. He’s able to locate the ligaments that are lax and precisely inject them. I’ve been treated by other Prolotherapy Physicians that use the Fluoroscope and they were unable to find and inject the ligaments that were lax. As for pain, you’ll relax knowing that the annoying ligament that has been talking to you for weeks and months has been discovered, the fire is being put out, and the healing process is underway. The staff at Dr. Ravin’s office is the best and will make you feel right at home.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013

He worked miracles on my back. After his treatments I can actually walk with straight posture, put on my socks, and get into bed easily...just those little things that make your life so much better. For anyone with chronic back, I would recommend Dr. Ravin. Loved the receptionist too; felt like we could be family.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

"Doctor" Ravin works in his home basement. He performed prolotherapy on my hip and went in blind- no flouroscopy, ultrasound, anything. It was EXCRUCIATING. He and his nurse told me I was the first patient that hadn't screamed through the procedure (I am NOT exaggerating!). It hurt so bad I wanted to die. I was told this was because they have to go through your sciatic nerve with the needle to get to the joint. I threw up immediately after the procedure from pain. Only afterwards did I find out from other doctors that that is not only completely unncessesary, but could cause permenant nerve damage. I have since seen Dr. Centeno in Broomfield (well worth the hour drive for me), and he does his procedures under running x-ray and they do NOT hurt at all! No one should go to Tom Ravin. EVER. No one should have to go through what I did. He was a nice enough guy, but should never be allowed to practice on patients.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Thomas H. Ravin's Credentials

• Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Denver Co 80262 (Grad. 1967)