Ratings for Dr. Adam M. Freedhand

This surgeon is awesome! If you have a bad hip go now--don't wait! As a very active 60 yr. old female, I got to the point where I could barely walk let alone run. I just wanted to walk again without pain. He did that. His whole process is methodical, he has a fantastic process down. No joint pain, easy & unremarkable recovery, thanks to God guiding this surgeon's skillful hands. Now 6 wks. post and walking 3+ miles, biking 75 min. His staff is great too-very caring and kind, all of them. Thanks for giving me my life back :)).

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr.Freedhand replaced both of my wifes knee joints(minimal envasive metthod) plus I had a partial knee replacement.All 3 surgeries took less than an hour each.The recovery time was a breeze.We have a new life, thanks Dr. Freedhand Peter and Almut Haeckl

flag | Submitted July 17, 2010

I am a 62 year old woman and injured my knee during exercise. The resulting pain was excruciating. Finally saw Dr Freedhand who recommended and performed arthroscopic surgery. He said I would need several weeks of PT to regain the strength in the knee and get rid of the pain. Worked like a charm! I do have an occasional slight twinge of pain, but I have excellent strength and mobility in my knee. I was always treated promptly and respectfully by the doctor and his staff and would recommend him to anyone. The vitals.com website fails to mention that Dr Freedhand is admitted at Queen of the Valley Medical Center in addition to St Helena Hospital.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

His staff messed up all of my disability paperwork for shoulder surgery. Left voice mail messages for his assistant and waited at least a full day for a return call that was, in effect, "I don't know". I fired him so I couldn't say how he is as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2007

I want to say that I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor, until I meet Dr. Freedhand. Not only is his staff more than helpful and courteous, his professionalism and knowledge was comforting as well. With numerous encounters with Dr. Freedhand I am always welcomed with a nice smile from the front office and a warm welcome with his assistant. I would definitely recommend Dr. Freedhand for any orthopedic problems to any of my family or friends.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2007

I came to him being told he was a back doctor, due to an rearender accident. He later informed me he was not a back doctor, but that he was a hip and shoulder dr. He sent me to PT for over two months, and my problems did not stop. He finally gave me two injections, one hip and shoulder. I received the hip twice. The pain subsided, but he couldn't be bothered with me. I had asked about his time as an MD, and there were no credentials on the walls, and he refused to tell me how long he had been a physician. I had asked his secretary about this and she refused to tell me. I had told her that I thought he was cute, and it was obvious she didn't like that I asked. From then out I was never allowed to be left alone with him. He asked me if I was doctor hunting and I said yes, I was in need of an orthopedist for my injuries. That I had moved and my other physician was to far away. He said to me that all I wanted was pain meds from him. I never asked for any. I'm in recovery 23 yrs

flag | Submitted April 29, 2007