Ratings for Dr. Peter Gropper

Had 2 consults with this doctor. Ignored literally everything I was saying, made his own conclusions entirely removed from reality. Denied words said on first consult during second. He may be well respected but my experience was the exact opposite. Expensive, unprofessional, and poor communication.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Great Dr. Has operationed on both wrists. Very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

My name is Henry Gouwenberg. In 1983 I was referred through a friend that Dr.Gropper was a hand specialist. I broke my wrist in 1979 and after 3 botched surgeries by local orthopaedic surgeons. Dr. Gropper repaired my wrist and 32 years later I am enjoying my almost perfect right wrist and I have extreme thanks and gratitude for what he did for me.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

In about 1985, I had two small children at that point and had broken my left scaphoid and later about a year, grew this very strange lump on my hand which I could push around and under one of my hand bones to the other. I believe that I was his first patient with this as he was also my 9th orthopedic surgeon. The difference was he looked at it, examined it and the other test results and said to me that he new what this was but had spent only about three min. on it in Med. School. I was impressed with his honesty and the care he took. He was concerned that I had help with the children, my hubby was wonderful. Then he wanted to know how I had broken the scaphoid...water skiing....the metal beneath the board had stuck in the rocks and I went flying down hands out first. I went the long weekend, got home from camping in a tent and making meals then went for an X Ray when we got settled at home. By this point swelling and PAIN had really settled in and they casted me from my finger tips to my arm pit...I argued about that because I was nursing a very allergic little baby and they cut a peice of the cast out of my elbow where his head would rest. My fingers never met until healing took place, a good seven months, then this lump formed and I could not do so many things. Frustrated I saw Dr. Gropper. I loved him immediately...AGAIN. After he said he had never seen it but he new what it was he did the surgery within three weeks.That was the first time, Pain was on top of the list and unable to use my left hand . I am left handed, this was serious to me plus I need to do my crafts and to teach those who want to learn, especially children as I baby sat four others besides my own two. When I woke from surgery he was right there waiting for me to open up my eyes and was very excited , he had just done his first surgery on Extensor Digitorum Brevis Manis . I was told I would have a half to one inch incision but had about five inches in a zig zag formation which I believed help speed up recovery. I had to see him another time for what I believe he said was a repeat as the lump was back and there was also an enormous amount of scar tissue, then another for more scare tissue thus giving me full and complete use of my hand once again. I decorated wedding cakes on the side....ask anyone who went to the same church I did, Cedar Grove Baptist....had I known what they charged then for wedding cakes...wow, they all got a pretty nice gift from me. But the best gift of all was meeting and being a patient of Dr. Gropper. He handed me information the next office apt. and I was thrilled to read that they had actually tracked this disorder shall I call it? I according to the date of the papers was patient number 29, 30 and 31 for the EDBM hand, and not a cadaver either, an extra extending muscle on the top of my favorite hand. My hand still tires easily, but I can still do most crafts. Dr. Gropper put me right at ease and talked me thru what would be done while I snoozed and I woke up very sore but they took care of the pain and fro m there I was glad I took a ice cream bucket with us in the car for the ride home to Surrey from Vancouver. I have nothing but praise for this man and would pay thru my eye teeth to see him again should I ever need too...how ever , they are false now so not much value in the teeth. God Bless you Dr. Gropper...you changed my life and my opinion of specialists especially after the list I had gone thru. Your forever patient who still brags about you and the work you did....Linda Knelsen now in the interior. I also have to add that I have not or may have missed if this anomaly can grow in the lower arm close to the elbow between the wrist and the elbow? I have this weird lump again and it is cushy and my arm tires crazily with a fair deal of pain, I can not lean on it and had to stop crocheting often making the blanket for my new and only grandchild. If anyone has had this there please let me know...Many thanks I will be watching for a message if there is someone out there with this thingy.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Did a total wrist arthroplasy on my right wrist about 5 years ago. He told me I'd have more movement and less pain after the procedure. I am still in more pain and have considerably less movement after all this time. Great personality and friendly though.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

I had a partially fused wrist done by Dr Gopper Unfortunately it is still painful plus I now have only 75\% strength in my hand I was not told that I would loose strength in my hand until after the opp - I may have thought twice about having the procedure if I had known this - although Dr Gropper is a good surgeon I think he needs to convey more information to his patience before he operates so they can make a more informed decision.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2009

I had an aponeurotomy performed by Dr. Gropper in December 2008 and the finger was immediately much worse than before surgery and has chronic pain. An friend had the same surgery on the same finger of the same hand performed by Dr, P. Binhammer in Toronto with excellent results. Dr. Gropper has offered no further help. I have been very disappointed with his surgery and his lack of concern or interest after the surgery.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Misdiagnosed my husband's problem (said carpal tunnel but turned out to be torn ligaments, which didn't get diagnosed until 4 years later by another doctor when it was too late to operate. Kept telling my husband there was nothing else wrong. Husband is left with chronic 8/10 pain in both hands.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

Fantastic surgeon and really nice. Very skilled and knowledgeable! Managed to undo a very bad surgery (done by another surgeon). Great results. I would highly recommend him to anyone! In fact I believe his reputation is "the best in BC" - his co workers also sing his praises.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Excellent hand surgeon; he fused my thumb in 2004 with great results. He has a very kind and compassionate manner, and is kind and patient. A shame he's since moved into private practise and is no longer available through BC Medical.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2007