Ratings for Dr. Joyce S. Kobayashi

Dr. Kobayashi was covering for Dr. Smith while he was on vacation. Dr. Edward Smith was my main doctor. I called in to get off of Lexapro and she lightly asked me how long I was on it. I said 7 months. She said I can quit in 3 weeks. I asked her if she is sure since I had been on other ssris. She just brushed over it and glibly said yes. She never looked at my chart or never saw me. If she had she would have known I had been on ssris for 13 years. I had no clue so I followed her direction on how to get off of lexapro in 3 weeks. My head felt like it exploded and my whole body ached with numerous withdrawal effects that lasted for months. I lost my job, my house and I couldn't take of myself. I couldn't even make the decision as to what cereal to buy let alone to get back on lexapro. She is horribly unthorough, lazy, glib doctor. I do not recommend anyone seeing her. She never followed up with a phone call so she has no idea what happened to me. I couldn’t call because I have a horrible fear of rejection and when I was going through the horrific life altering withdrawals I was incapacitated.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Joyce S. Kobayashi's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1977)