Ratings for Dr. Erc P. Omsberg

I had L4 L5 surgery about 13 years ago. Found Dr Omsberg to be confident, knowledgeable, honest, effective and efficient. Advised me about treatment choices and possible outcomes. A great experience...no other back issues since then.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Have consulted with him 2 times regarding a ruptured disc at L4-5 and consulted him again for spondylolisthesis at L5-S1. All three times he was reassuring, took into account my desire to continue skiing and mt. biking, and gave me a reality check on what was likely to be possible and not possible for future activities. He told me my options, which included rest, PT, and chiropractic for the spondy, and told me to wait for time to pass to see if surgery was really needed. He took me seriously, and use empathy when I started to cry over the loss of my favorite activities. He hasn't yet done my surgery, but is highly recommended by my doctor and a friend at work.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr. Omsberg was my surgeon for a herniated disc. It has been over a year since its been done and I wish I could say I was one of his success stories. I am not in the excruciating pain I was in when I went to see him but I do suffer from chronic pain. I am not able to sit for very long, I have tingling in my hip and pain down my leg. I went for another MRI and the same disc is herniated again, but not enough to do anything. So I live my life in pain daily and all I can do is take ibuprofen which barely gets me through the day. I would recommend looking around.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Omsberg scheduled me for immediate surgery following a telephone call referral from a pain management m.d. colleague. Dr. O. thoroughly explained and illustrated the complexity of the procedure, subsequent hospitalization, and recovery. He was reassuring, and performed my surgery with 100% success. In the three years since, I have consulted him 3 times for other issues. One of his skills seems to be to quickly determine whether or not his own particular speciality is the appropriate one to address the problem. If not, he explains why this is his assessment and makes a more appropriate referral.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

Didn't feel comfortable with him, you get the feeling he really doesn't care, feels like hes there collecting a pay check and thats it.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

He seemed very arrogant, and had formed an opinion within the first five minutes without reviewing any information. Leaving the appointment, an IME patient was coming in. Seems to be a contradiction for a doctor to be in the pocket of an insurance company, surprised Inland Hospital allows it.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Dr. Eric Omsberg, MD is a brilliantly skilled neurosurgeon who saved my life. He's known as "The Miracle Worker" at Inland Hospital in Waterville, ME and is highly respected by the staff. He has a ready smile, tells it like it is, responds to any and all questions and treats me with respect. He is the best there is.

Submitted October 31, 2009

This doctor performed a cervical spine fusion on me in January of 2008. Initially, I was petrified and very skeptical about the end results, especially after researching other cases online. I asked to set up another appointment with him so I could ask more questions. I found him to be more than willing to answer my questions and to try to put my mind at ease. As for having a "God complex", he certainly has no doubts about his abilities, however, I didn't find him to be nearly as arrogant as other doctors I've dealt with in the past. I'm happy to report that my surgery was a success and I cound't have imagined better results! I would HIGHLY recommend this surgeon!

Submitted March 4, 2008

I'm not sure about the previous review, but this doctor saved my life. I had a very bad acute disc problem and was in danger of becoming paralyzed from the waist down. He did surgery on my back and I am now 100%, with no residual problems. Sometimes you want someone who is cutting into your body to have a "god complex." He was courteous and had a great bedside manner. He is known as a very talented surgeon...

Submitted December 10, 2007

He has a "god complex" He diagnoses without looking at your files or tests, doesn't listen to you when you try to explain about the pain you are in. He basically acts as if you are wasting his time.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2007

Dr. Erc P. Omsberg's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal