Ratings for Dr. Brian McNab

Dr. McNab is the most amazing Doctor I have ever had. He is compassionate and caring. He goes over and above to help his patients. I have both emotional and physical issues. He has helped me just as much with the physical as the emotional. I don't know where I would have been now if I hadn't been referred to Dr. McNab 2 years ago. I now have to drive 2 hours to see him in Kingston but he is worth every minute of it.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

As a physician patient of Dr. McNab's, I am constantly impressed with the depth and breadth of his psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacologic knowledge. He is caring, empathetic and incisive. His understanding of psychodynamics leads to observations and interpretations that can, sometimes, be somewhat painful to realize but are, invariably, 'spot on' and helpful. Of the hundreds of physicians I have known, and with whom I have worked and interacted over the years, there are only one or two others that I can recall that can come somewhat close to marrying the art and science of medicine the way that Brian does.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I am so fortunate that Dr. McNab relocated to Kingston. I started seeing him for psychotherapy about three months ago after being on his waiting list for a considerable time in Ottawa (on the recommendation of a physician friend here in Kingston). He is extremely personable, empathetic, bright and insightful. His observations and interpretations have helped me more in the last three months than years of previous therapy with two other doctors combined. I was impressed from my very first session and, three months or so down the road, I am even more impressed!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

A great person and a great MD. Ottawa's loss is Kingston's gain.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr. McNab is relocating to Kingston! :( He has offered to continue seeing me for psychotherapy there and I am definitely taking him up on the offer. The fact that I am, happily, willing to drive two hours there and two hours back to continue my treatment with him speaks to how much I think of him as my doctor and how much he has, quite literally, helped me to start to turn my life around and move forward in so many positive ways.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. M. is absolutely first rate. He has helped me so very, very much. You won't find a better Doctor than Dr. M.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. McNab has been a tremendous help to me. It was a long wait to get see him but well worth it. He is empathetic and caring but also realistic and considerately direct regarding his therapeutic insights. Being in therapy with him has helped me immeasurably!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

He's first rate. He's really bright and extremely insightful. He's a great psychotherapist and knows medications inside out (although he doesn't jump to prescribe them.) I really couldn't recommend him more highly!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. McNab is exceptionally insightful. He is also warm and kind and concerned and caring while always maintaining a professional stance. He also has a great sense of humour (when appropriate!). When I hear of some of my friends' experiences in therapy, I am even more grateful that my Family Doctor referred me to Dr. McNab.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

A very fine person and an excellent MD. Psychotherapy with Dr. McNab has greatly improved the quality of my life.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015