Ratings for Dr. Ryan Paterson

Dr. Paterson had removed a kidney stone a few years ago. Recently, I was having quite a lot of pain and my GP sent me for an ultrasound, which showed a 6mm stone in my left kidney ( I have had previous complications that required hospitalization) . My GP put in a referral to Dr. Paterson for Lithotripsy. His office wanted me to have a CT scan so he could triage my referral. The results of the scan showed an 8mm stone in my left kidney and 2 4mm stones in my right. I phoned a few weeks after the scan to see about an appointment, and was told that Dr. Paterson had reviewed the result and it was filed. The office assistant said that she would bring it to his attention. Another week goes by and my pain is getting worse and worse. When I phoned his office again, I was told the same thing, no notes on my file or recommendation regarding an appointment. The office assistant made the decision to give me an appointment. Dr. Paterson may be a good and friendly doctor, but if I hadn't advocated for myself, I wouldn't have gotten to see him and would have fallen through the cracks. This probably has happened to many more people. It is important to respectfully advocate for yourself and your healthcare.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Dr. Paterson operated on tumor in my right kidney Robotic operation was successful and I can't thank Dr Paterson enough. From the first pre op meeting he made me feel comfortable and that I am in good hands. Thanks Dr Paterson, you made big difference in my life, God bless.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr. Paterson was not even my doctor but intervened in my care in a compassionate, diligent way. Extremely grateful to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Excellent doctor. Careful, analytical, very supportive and professional. Excellent colleagues at all levels too.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Very professional and knowledgeable. Explains things at an understandable level and gives you realistic expectations. I felt I was in very capable hands.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Paterson did laser surgery on my prostate and it has changed my life. I found hm very professional and very caring. His follow up is very efficient too. I would strongly recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

This fine doctor is a rare breed in today's medical system. Took a while to get in but since I have been in his care my condition has improved a lot. Went in for a follow up today and it was super efficient. I am a male nude 40 with a prostate issue and he completely understands my concerns. Thanks!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I had an Ureteroscopy with Dr Patterson on Tuesday March 29th (48 hrs ago). He removed two 4mm stones from my right ureter. I feel really lucky to have had this procedure with Dr Patterson and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who has kidney stones. I'm recovering very quickly and the discomfort after the surgery has been really minor. Excellent surgeon who really cares for his patients and uses the latest technology available.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

His staff is from the opposite of heaven as my review rejected the word. They don't care about patient suffering and don'the use their intelligence. Despite his promise that they won't turn me down when a big stone attack comes. He should have clear policies as what to do when a patient is going through hell. After my experience with those "Cruella Deville " clerks who should not be working in a hospital I am walking around with massive pain just to avoid those sorry excuse of humanity, for lack of the real words I want to use.. And I have even more complaints. After the last procedure I was butchered.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

My prostate surgery was very successful and pain free,thank you Dr Paterson.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016