Ratings for Dr. Philip Grossi

Dr Grossi is an amazing doctor. He listens without judgement, but he will challenge you in order to get you to get honest with yourself and with him. He wants to HELP you get better - not just put a band-aid on your symptoms. So only go to him if you are willing to work. Because he will work to make your life better, but you need to do your part as well and he will help you to figure out what it is you need to do in order to make that happen. I know he has helped me by giving me my correct diagnosis, meds that are helpful and questions about my life that were provacative enough to get me to take a hard look at myself. I cannot say enough how insightful and helpful he has been to me gaining control over my bipolar and thereby gaining control overly life. Oh, and BTW, Chris, his office manager ROCKS!! She always does her best to get me in to see him as soon as possible when I need to!! Thank you, Chris. :)

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Fantastic doctor. Correctly diagnosed me after 7 years of mis-diagnoses, and we are working together very constructively. Very well informed - up on the current research literature, and lots of experience. He's very respectful and honest about the risks and benefits of various treatment options. Also willing to schedule appointments as often as needed. One caveat is that he's usually out of the state two weeks out of every month, but otherwise is available.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

A+++ A twenty year old problem was cured. He is caring and very knowledgable

flag | Submitted December 6, 2008

I've been Dr. Grossi's patient for almost 10 years. I saw many before him and had all but lost hope in leading a normal life. One intake visit with Dr. Grossi & my life was changed!! I was finally diagnosed accurately, given the proper medication and have remained functional ever since (with the occasional ups & downs as would be expected with any condition). He makes time to see you if you are having a bad time. He's not afraid to tweak dosages or try new medications as needed to get through a tough time. He is extremely knowledgeable about what he prescribes, clearly explains the good & bad effects & lets the patient make the ultimate, educated decision. He will see you as often as needed at first, and then once you are stabilized, he only requires that you come in as mandated by law (or the medical board). In other words, he doesn't keep you coming back just to make a buck. I could use an insurance-approved doctor for $15, but I prefer to pay the extra cost & stay w/ Dr. Grossi.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

Recommended by a relative who was helped. I really got a lot out of my treatment and so did my daughter.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2008

Terrific. I have seen seven psychiatrists before him and he was clearly the best. Prudent but aggressive use of medications. Felt I could talk to him about anything. Office manager, Chris, very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2008

Excellent, straightened out a longstanding problem in less than 4 months

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Only offers 10 minute appointments & provides no encouragement or support. He should retire. He will ask for a copay and an additional copay just for writing a prescription. He does not care about his patients. He only wants money. He is always very late because the patients try to get something accomplished in the session and try to go over his 10 minute time limit. You will leave feeling no better but maybe worse because he is not empathic. His receptionist is nice.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2007

Dr. Philip Grossi's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1965)

Kaiser-Permanente