Ratings for Dr. Mary R. Clifton

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Mary is exceptional. Caring, knowledgable and very efficient!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

SHE DISCHARGED MY 79 YEAR OLD HUSBAND FROM THE HOSPITAL WITH 4 ERRORS ON HIS MEDS. THANK GOD I SAW THEM. I HATED HER RANT ON VEGAN LIFESTYLE.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

excellent doctor who takes time to listen. Sure she promotes a healthy vegetarian life style but not excessively so. Besides - it really works.My cholesterol dropped 60 points when I dropped the meat.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Basically told me I could be cured if only I'd convert to total vegetarianism. I did not know diabetes and heart disease could be cured this way. Not very realistic in her approach to treating these diseases.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Dr. Clifton is too quick to prescribe drugs for conditions that could be remedied with nutrition or lifestyle changes, yet now she is promoting nutrition for health. Sensing a conflict, I discovered through propublica.org that she is paid a full salary by Eli Lilly. She is very friendly and approachable, though, and made me feel at ease. Too bad her good attitude doesn't rub off on some of her staff.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

Clifton does NOT examine patients. She sits in her chair and asks questions for ten minutes, checks off lab tests and x-rays. you have to call many time to get results. then she bills Medicare top dollar for doing nothing. I got tired of calling her office for results and getting message "everyone is busy with other patients". I went to her office. It was locked. Nobody there. She makes her money talking up products for drug companies. every few months she changes her specialty. now she's doctor Mary the health food specialist. Avoid this physician.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

Go to Mary Clifton looking for a friendly face, NOT a competent doctor. She frequently prescribes meds to my family including antidepressants, narcotics and antibiotics in incorrect dosages, excessive and dangerous quantities, and without any proper follow-up care. Her prescribing style is unprofessional and careless. When I go to her office I must be my own doctor, researching drug safety and dosages on my own to assure my basic well being. What's more, she frequently prescribes new, highly advertised, expensive drugs. As a patient who pays out of pocket for meds, I can't handle this. It also concerns me that new medications have less of a safety record than older, time-tested drugs- many new drugs are recalled as patients suffer unexpected and sometimes devastating consequences. Knowing this, why is Mary Clifton regularly prescribing brand new drugs to her patients? It may be because she has been (may still be?) employed by Eli Lilly as a spokes-doctor/"researcher". Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Twice my wife and I saw this physician for a comprehensive annual exam and were not even examined, were not even place on an exam table. The entire interaction lasted ten minutes while we sat on a chair. We have not returned.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

not helpful,don't explain,don't listen to what u would like to say! at frist she is likeable untell you questions. she don't know she will side step you.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

Dr. Mary R. Clifton's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Amerigroup