Ratings for Dr. Danielle Gervais-Fagnou

Does not take enough time to discuss issues with her patient and does not seem to have enough knowledge about how to treat issues. You have to wait a long time to see her and appointments with her get moved frequently. Find another MD.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

Have been in her care for several years and she has always made me feel like a priority. Hope I'll never have to change MD's!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2019

She has been my family doctor for 12 years. I am satisfied overall although I understand why other reviewers are mostly critical of her. She is not really the caring or thorough kind of doctor and can be dismissive (and sometimes just very unprofessional). A couple of years ago, I came to see her about a specific problem, she looked at her computer screen and said: "I don't like your weight". I kid you not. The problem I was there to inquire about what totally unrelated (ear ache if I remember well) and she did not examine me or asked me about my life habits before making that comment totally out of the blue (I train a lot and eat well). It was just their on the computer (some BMI index data) and easy for her to comment on. I thought it was very lazy, not to mention that making that type of comment is totally unhelpful! It affected me and I lost faith in her professionalism that day. If you have the chance to see her associate instead, dr. Jill Quinton, go for it. Dr. Quinton is incredibly competent and professional (and more relatable).

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

She actually said "we're out of time" as I was asking questions about my condition. Refuses to consider different medication for my ADD. Poorly listens to my symptoms and concerns. Continues increasing my dosage of bipolar meds that don't work and doesn't seem to know what she's talking about. Was only able to see a psychiatrist once, when I asked to see him again she said she would do it herself. Not happy, I don't recommend her if you have issues with your mental health; she doesn't take it seriously. I don't want to seem like I have poor communication skills but she sucks... for me anyways. Every time I see her I come out of the office feeling helpless. Save yourself with someone else.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Dismissive of concerns, poor patient-centred approach, lack of knowledge but unwillingness to consult other specialties

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I was very disappointed with my visit. Family doctor was condescending, rushed, did not listen to me at all and essentially gave off a "I do not care about you and your problems and really don't care about your well-being" attitude. I strongly recommend her working on her ability to empathize and listen to patients. We are all busy people, but simply listening first can go a long way; even if patient concerns seem silly or minor.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

When for a problem with my nose. No exam was done. When for x rays.. No Tx. No results received. Do not listen to you. I follow with another MD. Was referred. I have a sinus cancer stage 3. Will not see her again & will not recommend nobody to see her. Incompetent.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

My MD at University of Ottawa clinic. Gave me great advice to stop smoking. Referrals. Just have to be direct and firm (but polite and gentle). Very pretty to, but shhhhh, it's a secret to everyone! hahahaha. Very busy obviously being and MD. Not her fault, we need more MDs in Canada (especially Quebec, good gods).

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

No attempt to find out what's really wrong for an ongoing condition.....beyond discouraged.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Dr Gervais seems hurried and scattered. She neither asks pertinent questions nor listens. She has never done an exam on me yet prescribed extremely strong meds. I would not recommend Dr. Gervais.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015