Ratings for Dr. Brian Thiessen

I met dr tiessen back in 2015 when I just had brain surgery and he is the worst Dr with me,lacks passion for his patients n I dislike him so much I refuse to see him now n am now seeing a different neurologist

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

I meant Dr Brian Thiessen approximately 15 years ago I was a young not knowledgeable about anything that has to do with Neurology I met dr. Thiessen and he looks as you everything that has to do with my background personally he discovered that I suffer from epilepsy and that I was having between 100 + 150 epileptic seizures per day... We've been discuss how this was going to be and what I was to do with my life from there on in I tried working and I was having too many seizures to keep doing any type of job I wanted to or was assigned to by the temp agency I was with dr. Thiessen took me out of the workforce and I grudgingly a green today after having brain surgery and my deals with Dr Brian Thiessen has been wonderful he is not your Two Sugars and cream in your coffee he is straightforward and in your face I got to meet him more than 50 times in the 15 years I've known him I Now understand him and appreciate how knowledgeable and how unique he made me feel he realized because I was having so many seizures in a day that he could not take care of me alone so when I had my surgery I was transferred to a man by the name of dr. Woodhurst... Doctor woodhurst Take care my epilepsy by giving me brain surgery I have to deal with this on a daily basis it's been approximately 15 years since I've had the surgery and the problem is my seizures are coming back this means that scar tissue is building on the top left-hand side where my huge scar is for me having a craniotomy/aka front temporal lobe surgery I thank doctor woodhurst forgetting the referral to him buy dr. Thiessen and when their decision was in urology with epilepsy and cancer patients I was grateful to me all of the doctors that were helping me talk to you soon may not be the Chocolat of your cookies but he is so straightforward you will know what you have or what you're suffering from right as you do a couple test and he is there to give you your message Freight forward so if you like this type of work from a doctor that I recommend as one of the top five urologist in Vancouver even Canada that you looked after seizing up if you're having a problem with cancer because he's dealing with cancer pictures now that you look him up and you make him your doctor he will help you anyway he can and I can vouch for that as I've survived my brain surgery my epilepsy coming back due to scar tissue so I have to look into finding another doctor as smart and intelligence as Rena doctor as Dr Brian Thiessen if you are in the cancer agency look Dr Thiessen up and you will have a best doctor that's been asked to work for the cancer agency today hope you like straightforward news because I feel you on that from Dr Brian Thiessen...

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr. Thiessen may not have the social skills of a news anchor, but when you're an Oncologist and Neurologist, that's not exactly the first priority. He's not a nurse, so bedside manner doesn't really apply, in my opinion. That said, he had to tell me some very harsh and unfavorable news, in which it almost brought him to tears, I can't believe some of these other opinions on this site. I have found Dr. Thiessen's brutal honesty to be helpful, setting realistic expectations with patients is important and I feel he delivers. I've had doctors along the way that glorified my diagnosis and if it wasn't for Dr. Thiessen's direct approach, I may not be as willing to put my health first, as I was before he gave me the straight bill of goods. All in all, if you want someone to candy-coat the severity of your case, then look for a different doctor, but if you want to be told exactly what is going on and what you're realistically faced with, Dr. Thiessen is your guy. His assistant Rosemary is also a true gem and wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

My wife has been a patient of Dr. Thiessen's for more than 12 years. During that whole time we have found him to be friendly, knowledgable and extremely helpful. We appreciate his care and commitment very much.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Saw him before he moved to CancerCare. He was OK, not overly warm but did his job fine. Brought botox therapy for his migraine patients in an affordable way, which was innovative.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I agree with what is being posted. Brian Thiessen is a horrible oncologist. When are you going to bring those trials into Vancouver that you promised ? Before 2020 Be aware that BRIAN THIESSEN is head of SPENDING money for BC cancer clinic. Is this why he doesn't offer anything besides standard chemotherapy ( cha ching into his wallet !!! ) chemotherapy in glioblastoma just doest work. If you want to die, this is your oncologist. Rosemary is helpful

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

He sat with his arms crossed the whole time and was cold and rude. He basically told me to live with my pain and to suck it up. He made a point of telling me he deals with cancer primarily and made me feel as if my problems aren't big enough for him. He was horrible! As others have said, he might be knowledgeable but definitely needs to work on his personality and be less arrogant and rude!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

This doctor is an has no heart. He basically told my brother in his face that he has no hope and that he will eventually die. My brother shocked by the news my mom dad and my fiance frozen at how brian thiessen didnt even bother choosing better words to tell us his bad news... my brother started having seizures and he didnt even care. Theissen has no compassion and he Doesnt respect my brothers dignity... suffering from a rare tumor that all these doctors are soo confused about... the last thing we need is this embarrassment of a human being, telling my brother whos a young adult that he has barely any chance at life!!! He said to his face that he is an experiment! How dare you break his heart when hes suffering and fighting for his life!!!!! At least let him leave the room first !!!!! You have no heart!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Excellent bedside manner. Treats patients with respect and courteous. Treats you like a intelligent person (most neurologists and I have encountered many are arrogant). Truly knows what he is talking about.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr Thiessen is a top notch guy and as equally a fantastic Neurologist/Oncologist His staff is exceptional and unsurpassed . His Nurse Practitioner, Dr Cashman is just as good and very friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015