Ratings for Dr. Brian Thiessen

Very poor experience. With what minimal time he provided during my consult he didn't even conduct a physical exam ..of anything!! He had a few ladies waiting for botox injections in in his waiting room and even interrupted my appointment to go speak with one. I had two episodes of foot drop atrophied hands affecting my daily functioning and he said "sometimes these things just happen!" If you value your health ..stay clear.. I guess unless you want some of his private botox sessions

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

Dr Thiessen is the best doctor I have ever met. And I've met a lot. Knowledgeable, kind, interested, polite, open, respectful. What else is there to say. He gave me time to ask questions & answered clearly. He was there right on time & said if I needed future treatment, he would be interested in seeing me again. Wow!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Dr Thiessen was very helpful, polite, informative and respectful to my family as he went through our treatment options. He answered every question very carefully and thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone going through this traumatic experience.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

I had the honour of meeting this man 18 years ago when he was in private practice.. I found him knowledgeable and extremely human. He had a great sense of humor and made me feel very at ease. I decided if I needed a neurologist he was the specialist I would go to. In 2015, I was diagnosed with a lipoma in my spinal canal which was extremely rare. He got on board and talked with his colleagues at New England Journal of Medicine and they decided together that I required Gastric Bypass Surgery to shrink this tumor, as it was still growing. And it encompassed L1 to L4, so they were worried about losing bladder and bowel function. Well to date, September 2018, it is totally gone. The MRI showed no trace of the tumor. Thank you Dr. Theissen.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

I wish I could give this man a zero. My family is going through very emotional and stressful times, all of which he cares absolutely NOTHING about. His attitude, inappropriate sarcastic remarks, and unwillingness to help his patient - makes me absolutely SICK to my stomach. As a patient, your personal journey, and suggestions can sometimes be your only hope or at least your only contribution to your journey. But, they are of NO importance to this man. He belittles you and make you feel like there is no hope to be had, all while holding his arms folding and showcasing a smile. While he lets you rot, he offers no options, does not listen to your own research or ideas but responds with a cold, sarcastic smile. It makes me sick to think that this man has been practicing medicine for as long as he has been - shame on you Dr. Thiessen. Somewhere along the way you have forgotten that you deal with people, who have feelings, worries, stresses, scares, demons, and questions - all with a story. You alone damage the story and make things worse - missing the point of your job. In a position where so much could be done, on a variety of levels, you fail them in every regard. I'm sad that we were in a position to even have to meet you and I am even more horrified that you actually did more harm than good. Doctors of British Columbia are bound by a code of ethics approved by the CMA Board of Directors. There are key tenants within this code that focus on health promotion, advocacy, prevention, treatment, education, and research – all of which you have done none – absolutely NOTHING. The code continue provides a list of fundamental principles and values which include showing compassion, respect for persons, justice and accountability – once again, nothing you have shown to your patient or family members. The first few points of the fundamental responsibility states; 1) consider first the well-being of the patient; 2) practice the profession of medicine in a manner that treats the patient with dignity and as a person worthy of respect; 3) provide for appropriate care for you patient… You have failed us. And in my opinion, breached the very thing you swore to protect. Stay away. Stay far, far, far away.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

This man has the personality of a toad. When you ask him a reasonable question, he smirks at you like you are stupid and then laughs all the while NOT giving you an answer. He shows up late and flustered as if he has just quickly skimmed your file while walking into the room.. I have heard he is quite knowledgeable but it would be nice if he could communicate that knowledge to his patients instead of making them feel stupid and hopeless. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

I have many doctors and Dr Thiessen is on the lowest part of my totem pole. Bedside manners definitely can be improved. Telling me I would pee myself during a seizure was not necessary. He never told me the dose of drugs I would be given nor that it would escalate in one weeks time. No explanation for this. He also gave me a card for a nurse practitioner who would answer all my questions. He had no idea of my case - seemed like he never even peered into my file. He also had a hard time explaining what was going on in my brain so that I could understand.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

His diagnosis? He said my husband was a 'Bump on the Log"....and then he laughed. So, you can imagine.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

I met dr tiessen back in 2015 when I just had brain surgery and he is the worst Dr with me,lacks passion for his patients n I dislike him so much I refuse to see him now n am now seeing a different neurologist

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

I meant Dr Brian Thiessen approximately 15 years ago I was a young not knowledgeable about anything that has to do with Neurology I met dr. Thiessen and he looks as you everything that has to do with my background personally he discovered that I suffer from epilepsy and that I was having between 100 + 150 epileptic seizures per day... We've been discuss how this was going to be and what I was to do with my life from there on in I tried working and I was having too many seizures to keep doing any type of job I wanted to or was assigned to by the temp agency I was with dr. Thiessen took me out of the workforce and I grudgingly a green today after having brain surgery and my deals with Dr Brian Thiessen has been wonderful he is not your Two Sugars and cream in your coffee he is straightforward and in your face I got to meet him more than 50 times in the 15 years I've known him I Now understand him and appreciate how knowledgeable and how unique he made me feel he realized because I was having so many seizures in a day that he could not take care of me alone so when I had my surgery I was transferred to a man by the name of dr. Woodhurst... Doctor woodhurst Take care my epilepsy by giving me brain surgery I have to deal with this on a daily basis it's been approximately 15 years since I've had the surgery and the problem is my seizures are coming back this means that scar tissue is building on the top left-hand side where my huge scar is for me having a craniotomy/aka front temporal lobe surgery I thank doctor woodhurst forgetting the referral to him buy dr. Thiessen and when their decision was in urology with epilepsy and cancer patients I was grateful to me all of the doctors that were helping me talk to you soon may not be the Chocolat of your cookies but he is so straightforward you will know what you have or what you're suffering from right as you do a couple test and he is there to give you your message Freight forward so if you like this type of work from a doctor that I recommend as one of the top five urologist in Vancouver even Canada that you looked after seizing up if you're having a problem with cancer because he's dealing with cancer pictures now that you look him up and you make him your doctor he will help you anyway he can and I can vouch for that as I've survived my brain surgery my epilepsy coming back due to scar tissue so I have to look into finding another doctor as smart and intelligence as Rena doctor as Dr Brian Thiessen if you are in the cancer agency look Dr Thiessen up and you will have a best doctor that's been asked to work for the cancer agency today hope you like straightforward news because I feel you on that from Dr Brian Thiessen...

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017