Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Claveria

I had Dr. Claveria as a QME today. He was late to begin with. He drove up in a BMW, hint, hint. He asked unusual and irrelevant questions. He did not listen when I would respond to legitimate questions about my injuries. He had no empathy nor comprehension of what my job demanded and could not/would not understand how my injuries prevented me from doing my job on a regular basis. He maligned my other doctors for their diagnosis of my injury. He stated he did not believe in MRI's. At the end of the short appointment he laughed uncontrollably with a joke that basically said my other doctor were monkeys. He is perhaps the most unprofessional, inappropriate and irrational doctor (and I use "doctor" loosely) that I have ever had the misfortune to have to go see. Calling him "rude" and "arrogant" are just the beginnings of what he acts like. His review of all the requested MRI's and x-rays as short and not very thorough.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Rude and unprofessional. Doesn't listen thinks he is a know it all . . Makes terrible comments. No etiquette

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr was arrogant, rushed and didn't seem to care to listen. Acted like a know it all. Even stating that I could get a second opinion, although he felt none would be better or more accurate than his. Ignores my pain, telling me I was babying my injury and Aggressively pushed me back into activity although I could barely walk and didn't agree. I told him when I walked, I was in such pain I had to hold my leg in place in order to step forward. His reaction: " then hold it". His exact words. After insisting I transfer my care to another doctor, we found I had a tear in my hip, causing cysts and should not have been doing any activity. Surgery is now recommended. THIS DOCTOR CLEVERIA IS THE WORST IVE EVER COME ACROSS. Do not consult with him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Dr. Richard J. Claveria's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)