Dr. David R. Jordan's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Jordan graduated from the University of Toronto Medical School in 1981. He spent the next six years in postgraduate specialty training. During these years he served a medical internship at the Ottawa General Hospital followed by a residency in Ophthalmology at the same hospital. Dr. Jordan went on to complete 2 additional years of Fellowship training in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Orbital and Lacrimal surgery with world renowned individuals at the University of Iowa Dr. David Tse, Dr. Jeff Nerad) and the University of Utah, Salt Lake city Dr. Richard L. Anderson). From 1987 he has been on staff at the University of Ottawa Eye Institute as well as having his own private practice. He became a full Professor of Ophthalmology in 2000. During his time at the Eye Institute he has overseen the training of numerous physicians. Several of these doctors who learned the techniques of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery from Dr. Jordan are now working at medical centers throughout Canada and United States. As an internationally known expert in Ophthalmic Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Jordan is often called upon to make presentations throughout the world. A prolific writer, he has completed over 300 scientific articles as well as numerous book chapters and an Anatomy text. He has been selected by his peers to be listed in: The Best Doctors in America (1999, 2002-2003). Certified by the Royal College of physicians and Surgeons of Canada, The American Board of Ophthalmology and credentialed by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Jordan has a large private practice devoted to cosmetic plastic surgery of the eye region. This in addition to his clinical practice in reconstructive eyelid surgery, orbital surgery and lacrimal surgery. Dr. Jordan is a member of the Canadian Society of Oculoplastic Surgeons (CSOS), American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASOPRS) as well as the European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ESOPRS). In 1999 he was selected to be one of 25 members of the prestigious International Orbital Society.
- University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1977)
- University of Toronto (Grad. 1981)
- Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa (Grad. 1985)
- University of Iowa (Grad. 1986)
- University of Utah (Grad. 1987)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- 2000 - Selected by Peers to become a member of "The Orbital Society"
- 2008 - Voted by peers into “Best Doctors of Canada”
- 1999 - Selected by Peers to be included in "The best Doctors in Canada"
- 1994 - Ophthalmology Resident Teaching Award
- 1994 - Selected by Peers to be included in "The Best Doctors in North America"
- 2002 - Selected by peers to be included in "Best Doctors® in Canada"
- 1996 - Lester T. Jones Surgical Anatomy Award (American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons)
- 2007 - Ophthalmology Resident Teaching Award
Publications & Research