Ratings for Dr. Ian Preyra

Ian helped me out through a really tough time, and I know that there are LOTS of physicians who he has supported and helped over the years. Ask any of his former residents about him. It bothers me that people say 'as a person there are some concerns' when honestly I think he is one of the best, kindest, most loyal people I've ever met. I would hate to have my personal life dragged out in the open like this. BTW for anyone to rate his knowledge as anything but '5' is totally nuts.

Submitted December 13, 2017

I've known Ian for over 12 years and I agree with Joe that he is a very competent physician. As a person, I think there are some concerns but on this forum it is not the right place to discuss.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

It's good Ian got the other reviews removed. I am coming to his defense. This site is meant to be about medicine. What kind of person he is, is not what should be spoken about. What he does outside of the hospital is not the question here. He is a very academically smart man. Stop worrying about his sexual impropriety. It is irrelevant and inappropriate for this forum.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I'd say he's your average doctor. Nothing stands out good or bad.

Submitted June 1, 2017

He could possibly be the best Dr in the world. Just amazing in every way, he helped me through so many rough times with his skill and knowledge... and best bedside manner ever. He explains things and always gets to the bottom of what's going on. He is extremely caring and highly intelligent.The true epitome of a great Dr.

Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Preyra is the BEST ER doctor I've ever encountered and as a person with chronic health issues, I've encountered dozens of ER doctors over the years. After a recent visit, Dr. Preyra said he was going to write up an ER care plan for me so that my visits would no longer take hours and hours as there would be standing orders on file (and I would have a copy). Dr. Preyra is confident without being cocky, sensitive and sweet and most of all, he believes in his patients and their desire to get better! I wish he was a family doctor so I could have him in my corner all the time!

Submitted June 2, 2014

Excellent bed side manner, thorough, helpful, patient. Diagnosed my issue and had me on my way in short order.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

He is probably one of the worst doctors I've ever had. He was rude and not very comforting at all. I was not impressed with him at all.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2012

I was in intense pain due to a flare of My Rheumatoid arthritis and he was the docotr I saw when I ended up at urgent care. As a chronic pain patient I am already on morphine on a low daily dose. He did not treat me as a drug seeking patient but he listened and helped me with my issues. He gave me an injection in my jaw to help ease some of the pain and prescribed some powerful meds to help me get over the flare. He was compassionate and very knowledgable and I was lucky he was on call that night. I was in such a state of anxiety because of the pain I was in he listened to me and made suggestions and took care of me. I left the Urgent care much better then when I arrived and I have him to thank for that. I only wish he was a practicing rheumatologist! He is truly one of the few good doctors out there who listened and didnt judge me beacuse I have pain. thanks so much Dr. Preyra!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Ian Preyra is a thoughtful, caring, meticulous physician. i recommend him very highy for his excellent knowledgeable service and his gentle bedside manner.He healed more than my body, he healed my spirit

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009