Ratings for Dr. Dan Carruthers

I had dr. Carruthers after the son of my 2nd son, he had to fix what another obgyn screwed up, he was upfront with issue at hand and performed day surgery...I loved his straight forwardness & knowledge, I went on to have 2 more sons via c-section and after last one he performed tubal....I have never ever had a better dr. except maybe my family dr. Hicks who has since passed away......I miss Kitchener for its dr's, and am currently looking for someone who has same outlook on patients like Dr. Carruthers.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

Dr. Carruthers delivered my son via emergency csection. The birth was a traumatic experience for myself and my husband partly due to my son's medical conditions but also due to how Dr. Carruthers handled us. We were to be air lifted to a tertiary care hospital, but when this fell through Dr Carruthers crassly told us he would deliver the baby in kitchener and 'if the baby survived' he'd be air lifted to another hospital. He wasn't compassionate in the least. He performed the csection before I was frozen, pronounced 'holy sh!t, it's drier than a bone in here' upon breaking the sac, called my baby 'a scrawny little bugger' upon delivery, and then when I tearfully told my husband that I was so sorry (because I blamed myself for the situation) Carruthers interrupted with a gruff 'Why, what did you do?' insinuating that I was at fault. Add to this that he cut my son's face twice at delivery and never mentioned it to us and I'd say that you should avoid this man at all costs.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

I lived Dr. C and his staff. He is very straightforward and honest. I trust NO ONE else. He was Dr with all of my daughters, and he was my daughter's Dr for her 1 st pregnancy. He was NEVER inappropriate in any way. Best Dr in KW Region.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I recently had an appointment with Dr Carruthers for post menopausal bleeding. He was to attempt to get a sample inside the uterus with an instrument. He unnecessarily thrust his hand, at least twice, inside my vaginia. After I was dressed he inappropriately touched me a few times. Avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Carruthers was my OB for my first child when I was 19. (6 years ago) Now being pregnant with my second and living in a different city I have a new OB- at my frequent check ups I had asked her why she hadn't checked my cervix yet as I saw her many times and she never had. She informed me that it was not nessasary. I had told her my last OB had done it every visit! She was extremely shocked! So my question is: had Dr. Carruthers ever frequently checked the cervix of anybody else at visits ? I was shocked by this as I distinctly remember him touching me EVERY time! Also he was rude and very judgemental of me as I was 19 and unmarried. Hope he isn't the same now.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Carruthers should be avoided by all! He performed both of my c sections and I had complications with both surgeries. Not only is his bedside manners horrible which I'm sure that everyone who has come into contact with him can tell you that within seconds of meeting him. I contracted a serious infection after his first c section due to cross contamination and now I've just been diagnosed with incisionional endometriomas which was caused by his poor skills during my second c section. Due to his incompetence, I've been in agony for over a year. This is so rare that it took doctors that long to diagnose me. I have a 4cm x 4cm mass growing from my incision which is painful beyond belief! Now, my abdominal wall will never ever be the same, my stomach will never have the muscle functions it needs and who's paying for this? I AM! I am paying for his carelessness. You can tell he no longer cares about his job or his patients anymore! Maybe I should have him pay for a tummy tuck to restore my abdominal wall.!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. Carruthers delivered me 15 years ago, and my mom said he is one of the best doctors if you allow him to do his job

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Carruthers should be avoided. He is arrogant, impatient, with no bedside manner. He doesn't explain what the problem is being caused by and nor all the evenutal outcomes of such procedures as hysterectomies, just to get the women up on the operating table. When she comes back with problems that are the opposite of what he told her would happen, he immediately puts the blame on the patient as being the only one to have this problem. My ex-wife went back to him to ask why she had lost all her libido, he said he had never heard of that before and advised her to go and see a pyschiatrist. Yet if you check the Hers Foundation website, hersfoundation.org, you will find that loss of libido is experienced by 75% of women who have hysterectomies. Yet he says he has never heard of it before? He removed her healthy uterus (he himself said that there was nothing wrong with it) and cervix, causing more problems then it solved. But he doesn't care since it now your problem not his.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

He may not have the best bedside manner but he is the best Doctor you could hope for. Just after I was married we discovered I had a couple of gigantic tumors around my ovaries that had basically stretched and destroyed my fallopian tubes. He did the surgery and reconstructed my tubes and I have gone on to have two children thanks to his amazing work. I recall after that first surgery being in the hospital and having several nurses tell me he is the best surgeon around and that if anyone could fix me he could. Well, he did, and after that surgery, two sections, and a tubal I know that I wouldn't have wanted anyone else doing that work. I owe him a lot.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

great experience with drs office/staff and Dr Carruthers, just had a tubal surgery. Dr carruthers explained the procedure very well, ensured I was confident with my decision, staff were great from start to finish. thank you.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011