Ratings for Dr. Jerry Abells

I had my first visit with Dr. Abells. The staff were very nice, my hygienist was incredibly kind (I'm a nervous patient). Dr. Abells was also very kind. He explained the work I need to get done, and I found him very helpful. I'm happy he is now my dentist.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Stay away! The staff here are very rude! I had a absess tooth which I needed antibiotics for, Dr. Abells gave me a prescription which made me very sick. I called back to see if I could get a different prescription. He told me to go somewhere else, and that he didn't like my insurance. I said you shouldn't be billing me for a prescription, it will take two minutes out of your day. He finally got me something else, I went to the office to pick it up, the lady at the counter said " What is she doing here?" He is also very inappropriate. Makes rude comments. I had a few teeth that needed to be fixed, all he wanted to do was pull them all out, and give me dentures. I will be going else where.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Best dentist. Quick, knowledgable. Very good at what he does. Expensive though. You def pay for the quality.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I love my dentist!! Never has he ever hurt me and he goes above n beyond to make sure all my questions are answered. I recommend him to everyone I know!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

The most insensitive dentist I have ever had an appointment with. This dentist also tried to bill my insurance twice for work that was never done, and quoted me for work that didn't need to be performed; confirmed by 2 other dentists.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr.Abells is a gentle and understanding dentist he listened to all of my concerns and made a treatment plan that was with in my cost and explained which work was the most important to get done first. i take my children to him as well and they love him and the staff are always very accommodating!i would refer him to any of my friends.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

This dentist scarred my face while working on a molar. The took slipped and gouged out an area under my lip. Because I was frozen, I had no idea until I got home and looked in the mirror. This dentist is a joke. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

LOVE LOVE DR ABELLS!! I TRAVEL 6 HOURS TO GET TO HIM!! WORTH THE TRIP!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Awkward to talk to. Kinda creepy demeanor, and that's coming from a man saying this. Over the $amy years I went to Jerry he suggested I get stuff done that I still have not had done 5-20 years later and no other dentist/Ortho/etc ever suggested I needed. Done. I have had several of the filling he did redone, so IF more work is simply what he wanted me to have, I just he got what he wanted. I definitely did not. Final straw was Jerry promising to send an additional letter of clarification to the oral Surgeon HE sent me to, so he could explain something very important that was missed. He promised me the letter would be sent, and weeks after he said it was sent, the other office said they had received nothing, so I had Jerry's office manager get involved and she could not produce a copy of any letter, as none was sent. Basically I was lie to, screwed over this one final time and now I am done with Jerry's Abells and his unprofessional hack shop. Good riddance to BAD dentistry.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Staff is very rude, practice is very dirty; staff have no professional etiquette

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013