Ratings for Dr. Helen M. Carter

Comments about the front staff and the long wait times are on point, but she is an amazing doctor. If you have a problem she will go to great lenghts to resolve it. I've driven over an hour to see her and she really helped me through a difficult time. Any other doctor would never have gone the extra mile. Also, a doctor who admits that they do not have the capacity to help patients who are above a certian weight is being honest. Like it or not.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Usually Dr Carter is very thorough and listens to your probelms to figure out the best treatment, etc. IF you can get to see her..... The staff, although appear to speak nicely, are very poor with the way they handle things and I am not happy with them. They do not get messages to the doctor promptly; you sometimes don't get call backs; they do not seem genuinely concerned for your problem. The last couple of times I had to go for a visit, I was sitting there for 1-2 hours without even being seen yet! I don't know about anyone else, but I can't spend an entire day at the doctor's office. Once you do see her, she will listen to you and go through everything she can, and even look things up if she doesn't know off hand. It is a shame, as she was awesome in the beggining or if you actually get to see her, but everything else, the waiting and the staff, and whatnot is making me extremely unhappy.After the last couple incidents, I am now changing doctors after having her for like 13 years.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Are you kidding? Refusing patients over 200lbs? Lively discussion at the following link. I'm inclined to agree with the folks who think she's an idiot. And I weigh 142lbs. http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/08/27/massachusetts-doctor-refuses-to-treat-obese-patients-who-weigh-over-200-lbs/

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

Submitted August 18, 2012

never on time wait hours and then shes in and out of the room,does sit and listen to your needs and makes you go for unnecessary test dont reccommend at all

Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Carter is always late. I have gone to her maybe 10 times and have never been out of her office early then 2.5 hrs. Today I was in the waiting room alone for over an hour. One of her nurses asked what she had talked to me about and said she didn't understand why it was taking her so long as she only had 7 patience. My appointment today lasted over 3 hrs but that is because I walked out and the appointment wasn't even over. She sends you for unnecessary tests and did not listen to what I had to say. I would not recommend her, like others have said you are better off going to the ER. My MIL also goes to her and has several complaints. Finding a new Doctor as we speak...

Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr Carter went from being the best doctor I have had to the worst over the past 3 yrs. Patient for 14 yrs. Went from being very thorough to overbooked, not listening or answering questions, pushing meds rather than tests/referrals. Ignors other dr. recommendations. Doesn't read chart/file beforehand or even while I am there. Extremely disorganized. Staff turnover-evertime I am there, the entire staff is new. Shortest appoint in the last 3 yrs was 3 hrs 15 min and that is because I walked out...apt wasn't finished. DO NOT RECOMMEND! Better off going to urgent care or ER.

Submitted December 21, 2010

Our family are her patients for 15 years. It take us 1 hour of driving to get to her, but her service is well worth these efforts. Very thorough, really caring. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

I have been seeing this Doctor since 1999, very caring MD. very thorough if she is not certain will refer you, will call in the middle night if she has too. very caring. Her office is usually overbooked , long wait. The staff is poorly train and will often ignore you standing at the window. Apart from getting new staff, this is an excellent doctor who needs to works on time management which we do.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Carter for 15+ years. Yes, she is usually behind on appts, but provides unbelievable attention to your needs. She has called me at 9:30 on Friday nights, still in the office, having spent time researching my special condition. She has been so over the top in thoroughness. Yes, she is serious, and not overtly social in her manner. But her quality of care has always been there. The staff is just staff, and could be better. Overall, I care more about the attention and care I get, rather than being rushed and shown the door to keep on schedule.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

Dr. Helen M. Carter's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med