Ratings for Dr. Cobus Smith

Very fortunate girl to have had Dr Smith on call when I fell and dislocated my foot ..... He's a very efficient doctor and knows his stuff. I agree with the magic hands moniker for him. He gives you time to ask questions and does not waste time . Appreciate this doctor so very much. Thank You Dr Smith.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

A wonderful Doctor with great communication skills. I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Smith and all of them turned out remarkably. Best Doctor I have ever had. There is a bonus with Dr. Smith - looking at him is easy on the eyes. "eye candy".

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Never spent time discussing results of surgery. and said only a couple of words prior to surgery. Very good surgeon but falls far short on communication skills.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

4yrs ago I had a knee replacement done in Victoria, which didn't go well. I thank my GP for sending me to Dr Smith. Dr Smith replaced it again a week ago and I can already bend it more then the first time. Thank God he is here in Nanaimo.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Dr Smith listened to me and took the time to investigate and determinedthat I did need surgery afterbring told I was fine bu a previous surgeon. He did surgery and found a serous injury that had been overlooked. I am very grateful and appreciate his thoroughness, knowledge, bedside manners and accuracy in diagnosing. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I feel so extraordinary lucky to have gotten Dr. Smith as my surgeon. He just so happened to be the on call surgeon the night I needed one. He is caring about his patients and truly makes you feel good. As well, Kelly the receptionist is just amazing as well. I would recommend Dr Smith, and I always boast about how I got the Best surgeon around.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Friendly staff. No waiting around - very punctual. Dr. Smith is kind, knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

First surgeon who believes in quality of life and progressive medicine. I've been waiting a long time through many surgeons who would finally say that they would help me and my knees. Dr Smith is that Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Never had any experience with Dr. Smith because I never got past his receptionist . I had been waiting for appt. with the doctor for months. It turns out she said I missed 3 appt. but I never receive any conformation of them. When I confronted her about the mistake she was very rude and needs to learn some skills how to deal with the public. There booking system is not very good. Luckily I was able to see a different surgeon.

Submitted January 23, 2016

He replaced my knee and I didn't even need rehab - total replacement of my shoulder as well. Magical hands - he is one in a million. Thank you Dr. Smith!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015