Ratings for Dr. Cobus Smith

Dr. Smith did a marvelous job on my hip replacement in February. He is kind, funny, and above all highly skilled. He made this medical journey as painless and pleasant as possible.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Dr. Smith was the only orthopedic specialist/surgeon out of four who picked up on the fact that my left leg was deformed. That tells you something right there. I was born with congenital dislocation of both hips and have had several surgeries over the years in Vancouver and finally decided to stay on the Island for my knee problems. On February 6, 2018 Dr. Smith did a left knee replacement with 100% success and I feel more than qualified to tell you, that Dr. Cobus Smith is absolutely without a doubt the finest and most compassionate orthopedic surgeon there is. He also made it quite clear that if I had any problems or questions to contact his office before and after my surgery. I sincerely thank Dr. Smith for all that he has done for me and the people of Nanaimo are lucky that he decided to call our city his "home"

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Genuinely caring and compassionate. Thorough, personable and generous with his time. great follow-up. wise, present, mindful, skillful. i appreciate that there are doctors that seem to authentically love what they do and take the time to connect in a meaningful way.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Grateful to have this surgeon help me with my knee. I had a weird situation happen where my knee got locked and I could not straighten my leg, it was very painful. After getting my knee unlocked, I was referred to Dr. Cobus Smith to figure out what was going on. Had a knee arthroscopy, and after post-op surgery explained he removed my fat pad in the knee. Got into surgery fast, only 2 - 3 months wait. Knee is still healing after almost 5 months and feel it's going to take some time still. Slowly, but surely I am healing. Have to take it very easy, otherwise simple activities can tweak it very easily and put me back. Thank you Dr. Smith for your help. Really appreciate and grateful I got a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

WILLING TO SPEND TIME THE TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROCEDURE

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Best surgeon ever! After shattering my tib/fib first surgeon installed plates and screws. He did not notice infection. One year later went to Dr Smith and said it was obviously infected. Plates removed and infection cleared up. Best doc ever and good sense of humour!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Great job on my arthroscopic surgery. My knee is back to normal, then some. Dr. Cobus Smith has to be one of the best! Excellent explanations! He takes the time to explain it all. Kelly in the office was a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Just had my second Total Knee Replacement on Dec.01. What a beautiful job Dr. Cobus Smith did. So I think that I can reliably say that this Surgeon is who you want to see,if needing a knee replacement in Nanaimo!Thank You Dr.Cobus Smith!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Very fortunate girl to have had Dr Smith on call when I fell and dislocated my foot ..... He's a very efficient doctor and knows his stuff. I agree with the magic hands moniker for him. He gives you time to ask questions and does not waste time . Appreciate this doctor so very much. Thank You Dr Smith.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

A wonderful Doctor with great communication skills. I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Smith and all of them turned out remarkably. Best Doctor I have ever had. There is a bonus with Dr. Smith - looking at him is easy on the eyes. "eye candy".

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016