Ratings for Dr. Cobus Smith

Grateful to have this surgeon help me with my knee. I had a weird situation happen where my knee got locked and I could not straighten my leg, it was very painful. After getting my knee unlocked, I was referred to Dr. Cobus Smith to figure out what was going on. Had a knee arthroscopy, and after post-op surgery explained he removed my fat pad in the knee. Got into surgery fast, only 2 - 3 months wait. Knee is still healing after almost 5 months and feel it's going to take some time still. Slowly, but surely I am healing. Have to take it very easy, otherwise simple activities can tweak it very easily and put me back. Thank you Dr. Smith for your help. Really appreciate and grateful I got a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

WILLING TO SPEND TIME THE TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROCEDURE

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Best surgeon ever! After shattering my tib/fib first surgeon installed plates and screws. He did not notice infection. One year later went to Dr Smith and said it was obviously infected. Plates removed and infection cleared up. Best doc ever and good sense of humour!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Great job on my arthroscopic surgery. My knee is back to normal, then some. Dr. Cobus Smith has to be one of the best! Excellent explanations! He takes the time to explain it all. Kelly in the office was a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Just had my second Total Knee Replacement on Dec.01. What a beautiful job Dr. Cobus Smith did. So I think that I can reliably say that this Surgeon is who you want to see,if needing a knee replacement in Nanaimo!Thank You Dr.Cobus Smith!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Very fortunate girl to have had Dr Smith on call when I fell and dislocated my foot ..... He's a very efficient doctor and knows his stuff. I agree with the magic hands moniker for him. He gives you time to ask questions and does not waste time . Appreciate this doctor so very much. Thank You Dr Smith.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

A wonderful Doctor with great communication skills. I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Smith and all of them turned out remarkably. Best Doctor I have ever had. There is a bonus with Dr. Smith - looking at him is easy on the eyes. "eye candy".

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Never spent time discussing results of surgery. and said only a couple of words prior to surgery. Very good surgeon but falls far short on communication skills.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

4yrs ago I had a knee replacement done in Victoria, which didn't go well. I thank my GP for sending me to Dr Smith. Dr Smith replaced it again a week ago and I can already bend it more then the first time. Thank God he is here in Nanaimo.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Dr Smith listened to me and took the time to investigate and determinedthat I did need surgery afterbring told I was fine bu a previous surgeon. He did surgery and found a serous injury that had been overlooked. I am very grateful and appreciate his thoroughness, knowledge, bedside manners and accuracy in diagnosing. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016