Ratings for Dr. Jan Hauspy

Thank you! Thank you! Amazing Dr,resident,team and hospital. I feel so very thankful to have found myself in their care. My concerns were addressed compassionately. Surgery and results were timely. I HAD already spent 8 months waiting for cancer test results before finally being referred to Dr. Hauspy. Incredibly unfortunate that he is leaving. My last appt. was Dec 22/09. C.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Dr. Jan Hauspy not only saved my life via surgery, he provided great care and advice while visiting me every day while I was in the hospital for almost one week. During my darkest moments, he managed to provide clarity and a lot of encouragement. He is definitely a gem at the Juravinski Centre. I am deeply saddened to learn that he is returning to his native Belgium at the end of 2009; but I know he will help a lot of people in his care over there too.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Two weeks after my father passed away, I was diagnosed with cancer. My mother was in hospital, destined for a nursing home, and five months later I had to put my dog down. Sounds like a country song, right? The bright light in all of this was Dr. Hauspy and his staff. They saved my sanity and provided an exceptionally high level of expertise, care and compassion. Should you ever require oncology care, consider yourself very, very lucky if you find yourself in Dr. Hauspy's capable hands. He tells it like it is, lets you know what you are dealing with and why, gives excellent tips on how to deal with certain side effects to chemo and meds, and actually looks you in the eye when he talks and listens to you. As a result of his efforts and of his staff, you leave each visit with more strength, hope and optimism than ever. My year of chemo and treatment is now over, and I am forever grateful for the help and care of Dr. Hauspy and staff.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

Very thorough and sensitive bedside manner, in the office and the OR. Makes you so comfortable that you can ask any question. I feel very lucky to have had such an awesome knowledgeable doctor looking out for me. I would highly recommend him. I truly can't say enough good things about Dr. Hauspy. What a blessing! Once again, thank you Dr. Hauspy!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

DR.JAN HAUSPY FIRST GAVE ME HOPE WHERE OTHER DOCTORS DID NOT AND THEN HE OPERATED, SAVED MY LIFE AND CONTINUES TO ADMINISTER THE MOST COMPASSIONATE FOLLOW-UP CARE IMAGINABLE.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Jan Hauspy is awesome. He and Dr. Elit operated on my endometrium cancer by giving me a laparoscopic hysterectomy. Post surgery I started bleeding late one evening. Dr. Hauspy was on call and returned my phone call within 5 minutes. He was very attentive and compassionate to my needs and concerns. He is professional and has an excellent bedside manner. I felt that he really cared. Dr. Hauspy rocks!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

I can only say the best of Dr. Hauspy. He saved my life and also which I feel is so important to a patient is that he treated me as a person not a number. I had and have the highest confidence in him. He talked to me in everyday language that could understand what was happening to me and how he would handle the situation. He put me at ease so that I could deal with my health problem. I believe that the tumour was the largest one he has ever removed (or close to it) Words cannot express how I feel and I can only say thank you from the bottom of my heart and I am glad you wanted to be a doctor and that you were mine.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009

I found this doctor to be very compassionate, informative and very helpful. He has wonderful staff working for him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Dr. Hauspy was informed, compassionate, patient, and really fostered a sense of calmness and caring that helped both me as patient and my family. I highly recommend him. This is the second time I have dealt with cancer and although the first time was over 20 years ago it was light years apart in the amount of care and information I received from the doctor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Dr.Hauspy had a sincere approach and a posivite karma that fostered a sense of confidence in my mom. He seemed at ease with the human touch and took the time to stop and chat... which some people feeling vulnerable need.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2007