Ratings for Dr. Eric Spindler

Dr Spindler was the worst psychiatrist i have ever seen. The advice he gave me was to think more positively to escape my depression. I have ptsd, depression, anxiety and borderline personality disorder but he neglected to deal with any of these in a concrete way. I wa blamed for my anxiety. I was told that my ptsd related symptoms were unrealistic because the person who hurt me probably wouldnt hurt me again despite an existing restraining order or the fact that this person currently lives in the same city as me. When i acted irrationally because of my triggers i was told i was acting out of line instead of seeing that i am clearly still struggling with my problems. Every time i left Dr Spindlers office i felt worse than when i had arrived. He told me it was because we were makig progress but in reality he was blaming my for my problems and he neglected to address the major issues.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I am a patient of Dr. Spindler's, and am also the 17 year old mentioned below. As we all know there are two sides to a story. I have severe, debilitating anxiety disorders that have been untreatable. Various antidepressants, beta blockers, anticonvolsants have been tried with no avail. Dr Spindler has never prescribed lorazepam- I was on 1mg clonazepam for 3 months to control panic attacks while the cipralex took effect. As I have a delusional father- he decided to Google the drug and came up with his own conclusions as to whether or not it should be prescribed to me. He repeatedly called Dr. Spindler trying to get him to "listen to your patients father" and take me off clonazepam without weaning me off something that could be FATAL. This is why DOCTORS prescribe drugs and not salesman. Incensed that he got no for an answer, he decided to write a less than favorable review on this site. To address the oxycontin allegation- a dentist botcher a root canal and left me with extreme nerve pain that morphine could not control (dentist prescribed that). Dr. Spindler prescribed 10 oxyneo tablets at 40mg strength. Dr. Spindler is an excellent doctor and I am pleased to say I no longer have anxiety disorders nor am I using any "drugs". Oh and one last thing - my father forgot to mention the reasons why I went from top of the class to being removed from school- I was emotionally abused to the point that CAS revoked their custody and transferred it to my aunt and uncle. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Doctor spindler was very helpful over this summer with my depression. I wish I had met him when I was a young adult.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

I am a parent of a 17 year old with mental health issues, and this boy was top of his class until grade 6 and as we know the MHA (mental health act) will not allow my involvement in the care of my son. Dr. Spindler continues to prescribe medicine (errr DRUGS) even though his entire family have asked pleaded and begged for him to stop so that MY son would consider treatment. He has already been removed from school system and ia considering becoming homeless. Dr. Spindler now has him on a cocktail of Oxycontin, Lorazapham, Clorazapham - these are known on the street as Oxy, Lorry's and Clonnies etc. My son needs a drug treatment program and refuses.....Rideauwood will have a space for him if he ask's for it - he refuses treatment but his pusher man is a Doctor registered in the Province of Ontario paid by OHIP - you and I. Parents if you are reading this all of those drugs mentioned above a very cheap stay away from this Dr.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I was depressed almost all of my life Dr Spindler saw me , prescribed two medications one for the depression one for sleep(non narcotic) within six weeks my life had changed dramatically. I still use both meds and see Dr Spindler every month or so.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

this doctor works in a hospital but says he does not. he pretends he doesn't know anything about the patient, but goes through all their records before sauntering in hours later. he really has nothing else to do, and no one wants to see him but insists keeping people waiting whether or not they need something. he seems rather pathetic, and that's scary. he also has no aversion to touching patients. and indeed lies consistently. he relays everything to his students at Ottawa university and seems to be competitive with other employees. he has no compassion about calling male staff to stand around female patients even if they are elderly. the staff at the civic hospital barely speak any English or French, and the door are always locked. indeed, he insists on constantly saying that the doors keep people out. I worked in a elder care facility and I know that not to be true at all.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Dr Eric Spindler Is As Bad As They Come And I Have Reason To Believe That Hes Up To No Good With Some Of His Patients.. Im Raleying Up Troops To Come Forward About This Man And Rate Him But The Rate MD Web Site Keeps Deleteing Ower Comments.. Thats Not Right.. They Should Re Post Them So People Can See What Hes Up To.. Hes A Lieing Back Staber That Needs To Face The Music.. And If You Stick Up For Your Self He Makes It Worse.. Thats Not How A Doctor Is Supost To Akt.. Rate MD.... Thats Not How A Doctor Is Supost To Akt.. Re Post The Complaints Because Im Working Hard To Expose This Man And How Would The People Know If You Keep Deleting Ower Complainants About Him.. Do Whats Right And Re Post Them Because Its Just The Right Thing To Do.. And Im Prity Sure Theres More To Come About This Man..

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

He is an AMAZING doctor.Once i ended up in the hospital for an overdose and he spent an hour with me. He made me view life differently. I'm alive today because of him. Thanks Doc

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Doctor Spindler was my doctor a very long time ago. He was wonderful, and if it wasn't for him I am not sure where I would be today. He was compassionate, sensitive, easy to speak with and helped me to see the right way to proceed. I would highly recommend him. He was and is my saviour!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

DR.Spindler was great very helpfull and actually concerned about his patients.After having Dr.Woods as my doctor for years it was refreshing to have a doctor who is actually knowledgeable and doesnt blame all my problems on me

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012