Ratings for Dr. Herbert Polson

Dr. Polson is a special person. He is kind , very understanding, and explains things so you understand. He always greet you by your first name which makes you feel comfortable. Reading other comments tell you how much he is respected and liked. I am blessed to have a doctor who cares . Mary his secretary is great as well. Always smiling and talking to the patients. Thank you 🙏

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I’ve met Dr Polson during my admission at the Lakshore General Hospital (which is the worst hospital!) I was not even his patient and he was considerate enough to look into my file. The nurses and Dr. Janet Kwan made assumptions that I had gallstones and advised that I would need my gallbladder removed. If it was not for Dr. Polsons intellectual curiosity and due diligence I would probably be in a bad situation right now. He was kind enough to look into my file, listen to my concerns and assessed my symptoms, based on his 10 minute review he suggested i had liver flukes or PSC, he advised that I get it investigated further by Dr. Kwan. Which she didn’t until I asked her if she read my ERCP reports and her response was she didn’t! How upsetting and mentally disturbing for a patient. Dr. Polson, I am truly grateful I met you in Sept 2016, your one of the rare and greatest doctors. I will always respect and remember how you made me feel.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Polson's for many years..he is knowledgeable, compassionate, considerate and he actually listens. They don't make them like this anymore! So professional. His nurse, Mary is wonderful too!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

J'ai subit un accident de travaille en 2013 et le Dr, Polson à été rapide pour trouvez la source de la douleur et à procédé à la chirurgie qui ma permis de recommencé à marché. mil merci à vous .

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I don't have enough words to express what a wonderful person and doctor Dr. Polson is. He saved my life in 2012 when I had ulcer that burst. I see him twice a year since then. He is knowledgable, polite, patient, understanding, has time to answer all your questions. He is simply the best! Mary, his secreatary is one sweet, kind lady. Truly 2 amazing people. 10 out of 10. Absolutely loved by stuff in the Lake Shore hospital and his patients.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Bonjour, j'ai été opéré le 21 novembre 2016 au Lakshore par Dr Herbert Polson pour une hernie inguinale ( gauche). c’était la première chirurgie de ma vie (45 ans). Il est compétent et sait ce qu'il fait et il est rassurant lui et sa secrétaire. Les deux avaient un rôle extrêmement fort pour m'en débarrasser de ma panique de la première chirurgie. Il écoute, il explique, il attend. Vraiment, c'est quelqu'un de béni. God bless you Dr.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Il est un vraie medecin , il travaille avec le coeur , il prend le temps de verifier , et ecouter le patient.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr Polson is a professional with outstanding attitude. He's patient, thorough and really polite. He took the time to listen and ask all the pertinent questions about lifestyle and medical history. He's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

What an extraordinary man! Dr. Polsson is highly competent, precise, to the point and a true professional. What impressed me the most was his humane attitude towards what goes on in the mind of a patient during those minutes before the operation when anxiety arrives. He calmed me down by jus saying one sentence, and then it was lights out and his calm voice when it was over and the operation had been concluded successfully. I'd give him and the staff at Lakeshore a 10 out of 10 if I could.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Just had my appendix removed by Dr. Polson and it went extremely well. What a great man, I felt very comfortable with him, we laughed a lot, he was warm and reassuring. He seemed very very experienced and competent. When I went to see him again to remove my stitches, he actually remembered me and asked me about things we talked about. Just great!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014