Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Matsyk

Agree with what others have said below, Dr. Matysk can be very abrupt, rude, and lacking compassion. Always feel rushed as she sticks to the allotted time no matter how serious your situation; if the 15 minutes are up she says you need to schedule another appointment for a different day, which is ridiculous. (The small upside is she's never late for an appt.) She refers to specialists, but until you get into see them, you really are on your own. I almost never go see her, even when I feel I should see a doc, because she's so unhelpful. Looking for someone better.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Awesome doctor! Always respectful of time, gives thorough explanations. She is carinf, compassionate and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Abrupt, sometimes rude, no compassion. I was her patient for 15 years. Great if all you want is s referral, but on your own until specialist available.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I have been a patient of hers for 20 years and she is getting worse. She has no tme to talk and constantly refers you to specialist where you have to wait months to see someone for aproblem you have now. It seems to be more about her precious time and the dollars and cents.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

A great doctor who is respectful of patient's time, and who combines traditional medicine with a holistic approach. Be prepared to come with questions so they can be answered in the allotted time. Even though I live in Burnaby, I still drive all that way to see her.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Always on time but sticks to her own agenda and if you have questions or concerns you have to make another appointment.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr Matsyk has been my doctor for 12 years - she is compassionate, extremely thorough, and always goes the extra mile to help me with my concerns and is always punctual.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Very thorough and compassionate. I love the respect of time and the ability to schedule your appointments.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr Matsyk was my family doctor for around 10 years. I went for an appointment a month ago. She said that I owed her $45 for a missed appointment over 2 years ago. I explained that we had already taken care of one of the missed appointment and that I had paid her secretary way back. She said that unless I had the receipt with me there and then or paid $45 she would not be my family doctor. I was stunned, and asked who carries a receipt for 2 years, I refused to pay it twice and she struck me off. Also I work in construction and had a nail bounce off the wall and hit me in the eye, I was working just blocks away from her office so I walked in there. She begrudgingly saw me and then only briefly and told me to go to the hospital. No ambulance, or anything. I drove to the hospital with my eye bleeding and burning pain. The eye surgeon told me to lie still for 3 days or my eye may bleed again and I'd lose my eye sight in that eye.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010