Ratings for Dr. David Hughes

Nice staff, Dr. Hughes and son are very helpful. Kids like him, and he is accomodating to those who are nervous about procedures.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

OK dentist but is rushed all the time. Makes for an uncomfortable time in his seat

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

I was thrilled with this dentist when he first arrived in Port but am now considering going elsewhere. He went from being patient and gentle to being frustrated, rough and downright rude to his assistant. I did not have confidence in the work he was doing as he was in such a hurry. Was so rough with instruments and his hands that I thought he might chip one of my other teeth. I have recommended him to people in the past but no more. Not sure what has happened but something has definitely changed.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Very good dentist. Highly recommended. Friendly, knowledgeable and concerned about the patient's wellbeing.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

He was awful. I was completely uncomfortable, before the procedure I questioned him on the procedure he said he was about to perform. He became very rude and would listen to my inquiries. I should clarify that I had been to an endodontist in Nanaimo and Dr.Hughes was doing the follow up. It was very unnerving having a dentist work in my mouth knowing he as irritated with me (he did not mask his irritation). Only to have his office call me back in the next day because he did NOT follow the Endodontist instructions. He seemed even more angry when I had to sit in his chair for a second time. I will never, ever go back to such an unprepared, unprofessional, rude man.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I have had a fear of dentists all my life but this dentist makes me feel completely comfortable throughout a procedure. The best dentist I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Good dentist, I would recommend him to anyone. He takes the time to explain the procedure to the client and always has a smile on his face.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

My husband and I both do not like dentists and therefore do not keep up with our checkups. But going to Dr Hughes was a breeze! He is very patient, understanding and gentle. During a root canal, my husband actually dozed off! He couldn't believe it! I think we both will be back getting our 6 month checkups from now on.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007

I do not like going to the dentist but if I have to go, this man is a saint. He is the most gentle person that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Very thoughtful and very helpful. He even called me at home to find out how I was doing after having a rootcanal done. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2007