Ratings for Dr. David Hughes

Nice staff, Dr. Hughes and son are very helpful. Kids like him, and he is accomodating to those who are nervous about procedures.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

OK dentist but is rushed all the time. Makes for an uncomfortable time in his seat

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

I was thrilled with this dentist when he first arrived in Port but am now considering going elsewhere. He went from being patient and gentle to being frustrated, rough and downright rude to his assistant. I did not have confidence in the work he was doing as he was in such a hurry. Was so rough with instruments and his hands that I thought he might chip one of my other teeth. I have recommended him to people in the past but no more. Not sure what has happened but something has definitely changed.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Very good dentist. Highly recommended. Friendly, knowledgeable and concerned about the patient's wellbeing.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

He was awful. I was completely uncomfortable, before the procedure I questioned him on the procedure he said he was about to perform. He became very rude and would listen to my inquiries. I should clarify that I had been to an endodontist in Nanaimo and Dr.Hughes was doing the follow up. It was very unnerving having a dentist work in my mouth knowing he as irritated with me (he did not mask his irritation). Only to have his office call me back in the next day because he did NOT follow the Endodontist instructions. He seemed even more angry when I had to sit in his chair for a second time. I will never, ever go back to such an unprepared, unprofessional, rude man.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I have had a fear of dentists all my life but this dentist makes me feel completely comfortable throughout a procedure. The best dentist I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Good dentist, I would recommend him to anyone. He takes the time to explain the procedure to the client and always has a smile on his face.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

My 12 year old daughter quite likes him as do my other children.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

This man did not listen when I told him of my concerns before he started work on my teeth. He was belligerent, rude and rough. Would never go to him again and have heard the same comments from 3 of his ex patients. If this is the first dentist your child will visit you will be hard pressed to get them in a dental chair again. This man needs to find another occupation preferably away from the general public.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2007

cold man, does not like children - dental assistant told my 8 yr old daughter that Dr would yell at her if she did not take the floride treatment. Was physically rough with my 10 yr old son - yanked his mouth open with both hands because his mouth kept closing a bit - turned him in. Walked out of room with friends child - saying I cannot work on this kid!!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007