Dr. Jonathan L. Nelson

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jonathan L. Nelson

The doctor is great but the staff is horrible! The girls behind the counter were unbelievable rude on the phone and in person. They couldn't be bothered and would not help me understand what was covered under my insurance. It's such a shame that I will never go back because of that!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

He is such a good Dr. You won't be disappointed!!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I didn't have to wait very long to get an appointment and once I was there, I didn't have to wait long to be seen. This office is busy but also efficient. I have a rare skin condition that runs in my family called Hailey-Hailey Disease. When it acts up, it can happen very quickly and is painful so I appreciated not having to wait weeks for an appointment. I told the receptionist that I was uncomfortable and she gave me an appointment that afternoon! I've been to other dermatologists in the past, some knew what I had and some didn't. Not only did Dr. Nelson know what it was within 2 seconds of looking at my skin but he was able to explain my condition in a very clear and concise way. Although my condition has no cure, the treatment he prescribed calmed my skin down very quickly and I seem to be in remission right now. I am very appreciative of the way I was treated, from start to finish.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

This office has a cash machine in the lobby. That may give you insight into what this place is about. They are interested in taking as much money from you and your insurance company as they possibly can. The doctor's bedside manner is very limited. He'll take in people (I'm sure he regards as peasant stock) and have an assistant treat them, as long as he can suck cash out of them. If you have an issue and ask to speak with him, your request will be ignored. Calling accounting with an issue will get you nowhere. Instead of a simple discussion with the doctor they'll send a collection agency after you. Avoid this place, even if you have to drive a county away.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I'm a medical professional myself. I found Dr. Nelson to be personable, professional and friendly, his PA was friendly and knowledgeable, and what they prescribed worked great. Definitely will be going back for my dermatological needs. Like any office, you may wait a bit, but hey, that's the (medical) world we live in.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Nelson and all his support staff are rude ,insensitive and unprofessional. This did not make me feel confident during my visit. Dealing with billing issues is also proving to be a nightmare. this led me to my conclusion of how unprofessional Like always the PA attended me & just walked out of the room & talked loudly about her Christmas , boyfriend and ignored me. She walked away & ignores me as always &I said are we done &she said - "You OK we are done" if I was interrupting them. I said "No,but I had more concerns and questions" but I then decided that I had enough .The same assistant on another appointment injected my pimple & she just shoved the needle on my face & I said "it hurts"& she was uncaring & upset .Finally at the end of my apt when it came to resolving an issue with my bill the receptionist was short, mean and flat out rude. She said "I'm busy today" and practically ignore my request for review of my bills & said she had no time.I think her name is Karina.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Dr. Nelson will NOT speak to patients on the phone. Avoid at all cost.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

I have had Botox done by at least 5 different practitioners over the years. When my friend told me about Dr. Nelson, I figured I'd give him a try. Now I won't go anywhere else. When he does it it's always perfect and it lasts twice as long as when anyone else does it. I'm done with everyone else. Love him!!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Nelson for years. Even when I left Westchester to work in NYC, I made sure I went out of my way to keep Dr. Nelson as my dermatologist after experiencing 2 terrible ones in NYC. Dr. Nelson is professional, friendly and knows his stuff! A++++

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

A true Professional! Knew exactly what to diagnose me with and I was cured within 5 days with the medication supplied.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Dr. Jonathan L. Nelson's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Rye, NY