FAIRFAX ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

I had all my appointments with Fairfax Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery between August 2013 & May 2014. I started out at the Woodbridge location (3421 Commission Ct Woodbridge, VA). But I’m only going to give my experience from Burke, since that’s what I’m reviewing. Dr. Robertson was a very good doctor. If my review was based solely on him, I’d give a 5 star review. However, that was not my full experience. The staff would frequently would schedule my visit and then call me that day and ask me to come in early. I have a very demanding job, so this requires approval from my supervisor and lots of missed meetings (since I schedule my doctor’s appointments 30 days out). Both procedures at this office they asked me to come in early, and then I got there early & then I waited for over an hour past my original, later, appt times. On one of my visits, when it was my turn to be seen, they said, “Oh we don’t do that procedure at this location; you have to go to the Fairfax office.” I’m not sure why they scheduled me for that procedure at that office? The doctor apologized for the staff’s mistake. He called the Fairfax location to see if I could get in right away, which I did. Also, it’s customary for them to ask you to sign a blank financial statement, which I generally don’t do. When I’d ask them to fill it out before I sign my life away, they’d get very rude and demanding. My visits often began with them slamming the glass window in my face, slamming the phone down after requesting a supervisor, etc. Then they fill it out and I sign off. The second procedure at this location, when I checked out, there was an extra charge on my bill. I didn’t realize while they were working on my mouth that they did extra work. They may have told me but they gave me laughing gas, which I was in & out of awareness most of the time. So when they gave me the bill, I (naturally) had questions. Eventually the Dr.’s assistant heard the check-out lady arguing with me & came out & explained what the charges were. I was fine after she explained the charges. But the check-out lady was so rude that I believe someone made her call me back later to give me a discount (prob as an apology for being so unprofessional). (Everyone in the office could hear her.) They also kept calling me at my workplace after telling them several times that it’s not appropriate for me to receive personal phone calls at work (use my cell). I filled out a “Confidential Patient Survey” online. They asked, “Would you like to receive a call from our Practice Administrator regarding your experience?” I said “Yes”. No one called me back about my complaint. I submitted it two different times, but I guess they don’t want to hear what people have to say unless it’s positive. Overall, my experience was less than par. Dr. Robertson & one of his assistants were great! They did a great job explaining everything they were doing and were professional. Dr. Robertson did a great job (& my regular dentist confirmed). However, even with a great doctor, I would not come here again & re-live my experience. It was not pleasant, at best.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Doctors at FAIRFAX ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY

Dr. Daniel M. Theberge

Dr. Daniel M. Theberge

1 review

Latest Rating

Excellent. Highly recommend. Went there for an dental implant. Great staff, too.