Doctors of Internal Medicine

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

I would give this practice ZERO stars if I could. The doctors seem competent, but the nurses and staff are unprofessional and down right rude! It is impossible to get the nurses to leave phone messages with any relevant information, so you end up playing phone tag trying to get through to speak to one of them about lab or test results. I was waiting on lab results and one of the office staff actually called me to see if I wanted to set up a medical test that was based on the lab results that I had not received yet. She couldn't even give me the lab results and although she said she would have the nurse call me right back, the nurse never called me. I had to call the office and leave a message that day (a Friday) hoping to get the results before the weekend. No response. So, I waited a whole weekend and another day and half until I had an appointment for a test in their office to find out the lab results. The left hand clearly does not know what the right hand is doing here! I questioned the office manager about the office's processes after this situation occurred and she seemed apathetic about it. Didn't even apologize that I had to wait so long for my results. I know this is not the norm for medical treatment here in the Dallas area. My former doctor (who moved from Plano to McKinney) called me directly to discuss lab/test results, especially when he thought further testing was required. Might be a good policy for this practice to adopt. Particularly considering there are about a thousand other doctors in a two-mile radius! There are plenty of doctors out there that have pleasant and capable staff, so I will not return to this doctor's office. In fact, I stopped by the office (after waiting a week for other test results and only getting the nurse's voice mail when I called) to pick up a copy of the doctor's report on my test. So, there is no reason for me to return. By the way, the receptionist actually called me a week after I picked up the report to say my results were in! Who waits two weeks after a heart test for results?? Also, she is the one who printed the doctor's report and handed it to me! You don't know and you don't care about your patients! Finally, a nurse like Shana shouldn't be in the customer service business, because that is what a nurse provides - service. Shana is rude and all attitude! No one like that should be caring for patients. Thank God I wasn't actually sick and suffering. I feel sorry for the patients that truly are sick and have to deal with her rudeness. Find another job honey! No one needs to put up with your stink face and sour behavior.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Doctors at Doctors of Internal Medicine

Dr. David E. Garza

Dr. David E. Garza

Latest Rating

really like this doctor and staff, they don't make you wait, but they don't push you out the door until you get all your questions answered,