Rachel Matthews, DMD, MS

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

I have always been one to have phobias of all types of doctors, including dentist, endodontist, periodontist....you name it. However, over the past 7 years or so, I learned to overcome the fears of them, due to so many unfortunate circumstances leading to back surgeries and a list of many more. Unfortunately, this summer I ran into a doctor that didn't want to listen when I told of medicines I could not have, and were put in my IV anyway. Then I was also awake the whole time when promised to be asleep. So due to these circumstances, it has turned my whole world upside down. I began having a toothache a month ago, and I went to the dentist for an x-ray and suggested I go see an endodontist. My dentist actually called and set me up with someone, but that sixth sense I have, led me to Dr. Rachel Matthews instead. I knew immediately , even as scared as I was walking in that door the first time, just the atmosphere was so calming and the ladies were so approachable. I had to fill out some paperwork, and from the girls up front helping me, to Dr. Rachel Matthews assistant I was immediately won over. When Dr. R. Matthews came and met me, it was an instant confirmation for me, that I was where I was suppose to be. She sat and took her time to listen to me, as did her assistant. Both took my fears and anxieties into consideration as she examined me to determine what the best care plan for me would be. Due to what all I had already been through, she felt the best thing was for me to be under the care of an anesthesiologist who comes to their office. That was the route we took, and I am so thankful for them. Dr. Haybarger, the anesthesiologist was great and made sure he had all my information and knew me before the day of surgery. Dr. Rachel did an awesome job and I could not have asked for a better doctor or a better experience. Again, I am so, so thankful that I found them!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015