Calvo Peter E PhD

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

My doctor received WRONG information about me and decided to part ways. I was devastated, & sought counseling from Dr. Calvo. Seeking ACTIVE listening. Uh oh. BAD choice. When I am upset I have the tendency to talk faster, louder and with passion. This dr doesn't seem to like talking to those who can't speak in a "normal" tone of voice. My advice is if you seek counseling from this guy MAKE SURE you ask him about his preference of speech patterns otherwise all you will get from him after you have totally confided in pain that your doctor made a huge mistake in throwing you out, and as I'm crying, Dr Calvo says.......for $200 an hour you too can hear...."You are talking too fast." That's right folks. You can pay this professional for speech pattern critiquing. Six months later I'm still crying about losing my doctor, which is why I have written this today. Maybe he'll find another DSM label for me after this review. Has compassion completely left this profession? Yes it seems it has or at least in this case. My advise to Dr. Calvo......if someone is TRYING (the best way they know how) to tell you they are hurt, PLEASE STOP wearing your doc hat and TRY to get past their speech issues UNTIL they have had the chance to hear from YOU that you HEARD THEM [and yes of course losing your doctor is a VALID reason for upset]. At least when I was in college they taught that, but not showing any compassion or attempt at empathy when they have become vulnerable to you in my book can be harmful to individuals. Please hear me in this review and every other counselor out there who may also have a hunch this too could apply to them. You all have your own problems just like we do, but we also live in a world where listening is no longer something we do as a society. More than ever folks are going in to counselors. For me this doesn't mean I surrender all of my reason to you; it means I will trust you for a short time to listen with confidentiality to this problem and hopefully offer some suggestions in helping me solve it. Dr. Calvo when I was finished speaking and all you could say is, "You are talking to fast", you might has well taken a dagger and driven it through my heart. Since you know this happened twice, I must warn others. There are those who have other needs and this review won't resonate. I'm trying to reach those people who have a very sensitive heart, and would be hurt if someone didn't try to be understanding with their problem. Thank you for reading.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2019