Women & Children's Hospital

Clinic

Rate Women & Children's Hospital

Ratings for Women & Children's Hospital

Value

After a perfectly healthy pregnancy and a planned home birth I ended up needing to be transferred to Oishei because there was meconium and some swelling issues. I had a successful forceps delivery and my daughter was then transferred to the NICU with my partner for some breathing issues. Once at the NICU the resident on call mentioned to my partner a cooling treatment they might want to do on my daughter but he was being rushed out of the room (so they could take care of her breathing issue) and he told the doctor he definitely did not want her to do anything without consulting him. She said she would get back to him with more information about it after they finished dealing with the breathing issue. After almost an hour when I was finally done and he and I were allowed back in the room we found our daughter already covered in EEG wires, and on a cooling pad. Not only did they not get our consent when we specifically asked for it but it ends up our daughter didn’t even meet the criteria for the cooling treatment. When this was brought up to the resident she made it clear that she had made huge incorrect assumptions about our daughters health based solely on the fact that we planned a home birth and had a midwife. This happened OVER AND OVER AGAIN throughout our stay in the NICU. We expressed our horror with the staff over their disregard and apparent prejudice against us and asked them to communicate with us about everything they wanted to do to our daughter but they continued not communicating about new procedures and tried to blame our midwife for manipulating us into disagreeing with them. We have filed complaints with the board of health and are doing everything we can to prevent this kind of prejudice for future patients.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2019

Value

This is the place to go if you have any pediatric needs! The staff is great and the number of doctors and specialized treatments offered is amazing. Spent like 5 days and am very glad it was here.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017