Burke Primary Care

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

I was a patient Stephen Smith for years but he was taking poor care of me so I switched over to Dr. Gould.- -at Burke Primary Care. I thought he was an excellent doctor until he started rushing in and rushing out. As a diabetic, I asked him (during a physical) to check my feet. He looked over at them and that was it. After I had back surgery, I told him I needed my toenails cut as I could not bend to reach them (simple for his nurse, and again I was diabetic). He said "medicare does not pay me to cut toenails" and told me to get a file and file them myself. I have pan-hypopituitarism with adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroidism secondary to that. This is a dangerous disease if not cared for properly (I have been going to an endocrinologist for it). Dr. Gould did bloodwork and told me my thyroid levels were too high (when they were really too low). I told his nurse he could not take care of my thyroid because I needed specific bloodwork done on it. Dr. Gould was offended by that and sent me a letter that he was discontinuing me as a patient. After all that, I found out I have psoriasis which Dr. Gould said I did not have and he was treating me with steroid creams which was wrong course of treatment. I could tell you plenty more that Dr. Gould (and Dr. Smith) did in error. I know God took me out of that practice for my own good. I'll find another doctor with the help of God. And I'll pray the Holy Spirit conviction on these doctors. Further, there are NO doctors (or PA's) at that practice that I would recommend to my worse enemy.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017