Rate Maps

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

MAPS clinic(s) have provided a glaring example of what is wrong with the medical field in America. The business model is evident in everything they do. They want to get the most out of your pain they can get. The most expensive treatments are recommended (more like pushed- hard) and if they can find a reason to bilk the insurance for pool therapy to make some more cash you will be in a swimsuit for weeks. And the bait and switch here is appalling. I went to this clinic because of its location. The first appointment was with a doctor who never looked at my back and all subsequent appointments were with a NP. And the MG clinic is booked out for months so you have to be squeezed in to a clinic much less desirable much farther away. Bait and switch happens with physical therapy as well. My particular issue was misdiagnosed and I received the wrong treatments time after time, despite my repeated pleas (begging!) to be heard. They make it very clear it is not their job to diagnose you and they have no time. I was given the run around to try and get in with a doctor again. It was only a fluke that my problem was finally properly diagnosed- I was lucky enough to be seen on a day where a new NP was being trained in. I could tell my NP was on her best behavior and I jumped at the chance to be heard without being railroaded or shut down. I received my first actual physical examination and my pain was recreated and pinpointed with a 30 second exam (after 6 months with these crooks!). I had hope after that and received my first treatment that worked for me! I was excited and would have stayed with them ( even after all that) if it were not for the "doctor " who performs injections. Many doctors can have a superiority complex and that can be tolerated. But I actually felt violated the last time I received my injection. I had had the procedure before, and thought I knew how it worked. The doc comes in and tells you they can do both sides like it is a favor to you (it's most likely they receive praise or bonuses for increasing revenue by getting you to agree to more procedures- every time it was the same song and dance). This last time I was done being screwed with and held hostage by a dependency on a pain prescription. I was blunt about what I wanted and nothing more. Must have rubbed him the wrong way, because when normally my underwear is pulled down a bit by the nurses to get to injection site, this time he came in and with an aggressive tug, had my whole ass on display for the same process that a month ago needed much less exposed and was performed by the same doctor. Nothing else was different about the procedure except the unnecessary exposure. It was disgusting. The procedure worked well and I no longer need pain meds. I have to maintain the procedure until all the PT and Chiro get me back to good- but I refuse to have the procedure done at any MAPS clinic and strongly suggest going ANYWHERE else. You are just a dollar sign and a liability not worth prescribing opiates to if you don't benefit them by having their unnecessary procedures. The support staff of nurses attending to the procedure room are great though! So there is that...

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Doctors at Maps

Dr. Brian D. Vacca

Dr. Brian D. Vacca

Latest Rating

He is a great guy and excellent doctor. I would trust him to care for my father.