Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center

Clinic

Rate Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center

Ratings for Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center

Value

Dr Clayman , Dr Roy were truly the BEST!! I felt they were extremely knowledgeable, spent time with me and my family explaining my surgery, etc. Dr. Roy ,Dr. Clayman and the entire staff was compassionate beyond!!!! I would highly recommend them! Nancy Boca Raton

flag | Submitted May 17, 2019

Value

Truly the best of the best. Would travel anywhere.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

Value

When my endocrinologist in Palm Beach County Florida recommended Dr. Clayman to perform my thyroid surgery, I questioned why he was referring me to a doctor almost 4 hours away. His answer was, quite simply, "because Dr. Clayman is the best there is." From the moment we entered the Clayman Thyroid Center, I realized that truer words had never been spoken. My family and I were treated with respect and compassion by every single member of the staff without exception. They are patient, intelligent and kind. Every step of the process was explained to us in advance, and my wife received frequent text updates throughout the surgery. The surgery itself turned out to be less extensive than originally thought, and the diagnosis of papillary cancer was not what we had hoped to hear. However, I am convinced that I could not have been in better hands and would urge anyone who is in search of top of the line thyroid care to travel as far as you need to in order to have the privilege of being a patient of Dr. Clayman and Dr. Roy.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

Value

I am not ordinarily one to fill out surveys or to fully trust testimonials. So I have chosen to tell about my experience at the Norman Parathyroid and Clayman Cancer Center a few weeks after I returned home. I wanted to see how my follow-up would be handled too. To begin, I was diagnosed with an unusually located parathyroid tumor and Graves diseases. After long distance telephone consultations with Dr. Kevin Parrack regarding my parathyroid surgery and Dr. Gary Clayman regarding my thyroid surgery, the decision was made to make the trip to Tampa. On the way there, I told my husband that I was preparing myself to be "just a number" in the surgery process. Wow, I could not have been anymore incorrect! Since I was having both surgeries, I was considered a "dual patient" and required a pre-day surgery evaluation as well as an overnight observation stay in the hospital. On the day of the evaluation, I met Charlie Schreiner, ARNP and Dr. Gary Clayman. My husband and I were talked to like we had know these gentlemen, not like strangers at all. We were made to feel very comfortable and everything was fully discussed and explained. The morning of surgery, I had a great pre-op team with Jason and Barbara at my bedside getting me ready. I also met with Dr. Parrack and Dr. Rashmi Roy, who assisted Dr. Clayman with my thyroid surgery. Such kind and compassionate people. Next I met Mannny who told me he would be with me in the surgery. We had a nice discussion about his beautiful native Puerto Rico. I also met my anesthesiologist, Dr. David Samuels. I had voiced a concern to him I had regarding my lungs. He assured me everything would be fine. Before I knew it I was being wisked off to surgery. I met several people on my surgery team. Wow were they all busy doing their respective jobs. They did however, stop to say hello, wave, and smile at me! I looked around and there was Manny. I held his hand, the anesthesiologist said I had about 20 seconds, and that is the last thing I remember prior to waking up in recovery. My husband said Michelle had been posted at my bedside since I had been in recovery and she did not leave me until I was fully conscious. Super attentive. One thing I could hardly believe was, Dr. Samuels came to my bedside to put my lung concern to rest by telling me he saw nothing wrong. Where does this level of compassion and concern happen? These people and this place are unbelivable! Charlie, whom I'd met during my evaluation, also stopped by to check on me. Amazing! He is a wonderful young man and is so caring and thoughtful. You would have thought we were old friends rather than me being a new patient. Then Dr. Clayman and Dr. Parrack came to my bedside to check on me. They said I did great and the surgeries were successful. Such skilled surgeons! After lunch I was taken to the main hospital to spend the night for observation. Dr. Parrack called me that evening in the hospital to see how I was doing, unbelivable! I received great care in the main hospital as well. The next morning, Beth from the parathyroid team, Charlie, and Dr. Rashmi Roy all stopped to see me prior to being discharged. Have I said "What caring people and what a place?" It is amazing how individualized this treatment made you feel during this trying time. Five days after surgery I was back home and got a call from Charlie advising me that all of my pathology test were begnin. What a thankful relief! I have also had blood draws taken at my local lab with the results being faxed to Tampa for Charlie to review and notify me of my results. I'm being case followed long distance. What a great feeling. I cannot say enough amazing things about how I was made to feel and the level of treatment I was given. These people and this place are absolutely amazing. I have received several phone calls since I returned checking on my progress too! Not that I would wish surgery on anyone, but if you need either parathyriod or thyroid surgery, there is only one place to go! Thanks to all members of my surgery teams for my fabulous experience!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

Value

Dr. Clayman has offered me tremendous help in a very difficult health situation. I contacted Gary Clayman by email as I was desperate to get surgery for my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Being a patient from Switzerland, I was not sure how to proceed with this illness and eager to seek the best medical advice I could get. Dr. Clayman responded right away and offered to treat me over in Tampa at the Thyroid Cancer Center. Some billing issues that came up as Tampa General Hospital was not used to welcoming international patients were quickly sorted out by Gary Clayman himself. A phone call was all it took. Surgery went really well without any complications (no voice loss, bleeding of any kind or parathyroid abnormalities at all) and my scar is healing beautifully - after 6 months there's only so much as a very thin white line that's left of it. Apart from doing an outstanding job as a medical professional, Dr. Clayman was always available in terms of organizational issues: When I was trying to fly back home our airline requested a fit to fly attest as they were aware I had juste undergone surgery a few days earlier. I did not have such an attest and it was already 8pm. The airline made it clear that without this document I would not be allowed to board the plane. Fortunately, Dr. Clayman left me his cellphone number and I was able to reach him right away. 10 minutes later, I had a valid attest on my email account and was able to proceed with my journey back home. This episode is just one example of how Dr. Clayman goes the extra mile when it comes to serving his patients. Even though surgery did not fully cure me yet I am a lot better and my decision to have surgery at the Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center was one of the best I have done health wise in the past few years.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

Value

Words cannot express my appreciation for Dr. Clayman and his team. The dedication, professionalism, and compassion this team demonstrates is amazing. Thank you to Dr. Clayman, Dr. Roy, and Jessica Walker along with the entire cancer team at Tampa General for providing me with the most stress free, efficient, organized experience possible. My surgery was scheduled within 24 hours of my diagnosis and completed within 1 week! I traveled 2.5 hours from my home so I appreciated that the consultation and surgery could be performed in the same day. The thoroughness of the team and the website was exceptional. I was never left with questions unanswered.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

Value

Doctor Clayman and staff were wonderful. Excellent experience. If you have a thyroid problem this is the place to go. I have not had good experiences with surgeries so I researched this surgery to get the best. Without a doubt, the Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center is the best. Completed the on-line paper work and was surprised when Dr. Clayman called me to discuss, never had a doctor call to discuss my condition before meeting him. Called Courtney to schedule the consultation and decided to have the surgery the same day as I was coming some distance. Arrived as scheduled and an ultrasound taken to the thyroid. Not like the ultrasounds I have been have which were just of the thyroid but she did all the surrounding areas looking at lymph nodes. Met with Doctor Clayman, Charlie Schreiner, Doctor Roy and was told of the ultrasound results and the plan for the surgery. Surgery went as planned and was released after meeting again with Doctor Clayman. The next day received a call from Charlie Schreiner, ASNP/BC to see how I was doing. I told him I had ate supper the night of surgery and was doing great. Never expected to get the call the next day but it was appreciated. If may sound strange but it was a pleasant experience even though I had surgery. Amazing place, thoughtful, caring, professional.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

Value

Dr. Clayman, Dr. Roy and assistant Jessica are wonderful. I would highly recommend if your needing or think you need surgery to see them. My first visit they did testing and asked that I try other options first before undergoing surgery. I was a unique situation as thyroid removal for under active thyroid and hashmitos disease doesn't typically require surgery I followed the suggested options and my last result was to have surgery. The team of doctors and assistants were wonderful. They kept my family updated while I was in surgery and recovery until they were able to meet up with me in the recovery room. The pathology report showed I had a major case of hashimoto's and a small piece of cancer. The doctors removed the surrounding lymph nodes as well. I spent the night in the hospital and the staff was amazing. Every nurse, doctor, aids and so on were the most professional group I have seen. I am a week out from surgery and I feel fantastic. My skin is no longer shedding, I am not sleeping 16hrs a day, my blood pressure has completely stabilized and I am happy again. I am looking forward to returning to work and starting a fresh new journey without this illness.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2019

Value

Dr. Clayman and his staff took care of me like a family member. They were caring, responsive and expert. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

Value

Dr. Clayman's staff was excellent. From the time of arrival through surgery and post op's his staff was professional, very courteous, sincere in their care and technically proficient. I always was kept informed at each stage of the process which helped to ease any concerns I might have.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr, Clayman is nothing less than exceptional in the field of thyroid cancer surgery. I was operated by him last month for papillary cancer on one lobe of my thyroid.... Read more