Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center

Clinic

Rate Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center

Ratings for Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center

Value

I initially spoke with Dr. Roy who had reviewed my history and answered my questions which greatly reduced my concerns. At the pre-op I met Dr. Clayman and left knowing I was in the best possible hands. Everyone on the staff were so professional, thorough and caring. During my surgery, my son was texted with the progress. Dr. Clayman personally called me with the biopsy report and repeatedly assured me the cancer was gone! I am now a 3 time survivor of this disease plus 3 heart surgeries so when I say this is an exceptional medical facility I speak with experience! I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Clayman and his staff to anyone with a thyroid concern.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2019

Value

This letter is intended to express our most sincere gratitude and appreciation for the success you and Dr. Roy brought to Justin Kersey. The tribulations that Justin and family had experienced before coming to The Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center cannot be expressed sufficiently. Your personal interaction with Justin and his situation is beyond expectations! Never have I known of a medical doctor to make such an effort. Simply put, you brought comfort at a time of need (for all of us). Hospital pre-op and post-op protocols and staff were most impressive. Success, efficiency and caring best describe the overall experience.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2019

Value

I had nodules on the right side of my thyroid found on a routine ultrasound body scan. I was referred to Dr Clayman by a family member. I can't say enough about Dr Clayman & his staff. It was such an efficient process to get to see him. My first appointment was for an ultrasound, biopsy, & bloodwork (all done in the same exam room). He determined my right side needed removed. It took about 2 hours & I knew the results that day. I made an appointment that day with Sean (also came to my exam room) for surgery. On surgery day, the staff were more like my friends than strangers. Jenna was my nurse & I think she was assigned to only me for the entire day (at least she made me feel that way). My friend drove me & stayed for the 6 or 8 hours I was in the hospital. She was allowed to spend most of the time with me rather than waiting in a waiting room. They texted her when I went into & during surgery, and Jenna called her when I was out. Dr Clayman's voice was the first one i heard when i woke up (he let me know there was no cancer in my lymph node & surgery went well). Dr Roy also came in to go over my procedure, which was removing only the right side with the nodules & a lymph node under it. Jenna was there to be sure I was comfortable & not painful. They had my friend come back with me. After an hour or 2 we were on our way home. The entire staff, (including the front office, nurses, anesthesiologists, and doctors) were incredible. They were genuinely caring professionals who are at the to p of their game!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2019

Value

Just amazing professional place with top rate docs.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2019

Value

Dr. Clayman and his team are phenomenal. From the minute you get off the elevator and have your consult and leave after completing whatever needs to be done you could not ask for better medical care and service. The entire staff, Dr. Clayman and Dr. Roy answered all my questions, explained what they were going to do, and then did it. After the procedure the same follow through and I would recommend them for any thyroid care you may need. The all need to be commended for their caring and phenomenal care. This is not usually seen in the medical field as people are treated like a number, and not a person, but NOT here. You are treated as if you are the only patient needing their care. Great experience.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

Value

When I received results from my thyroid biopsy that were unclear but suspicious I wanted a second opinion. I did some research and found Clayman Thyroid Center online. It had such great reviews I decided to fill out the online paperwork. Dr. Clayman called me personally in two days. He was very kind and sincere. He said that if it was cancer, they would be able to cure me. I scheduled my surgery the next day and three weeks later my husband and I flew to Tampa. When I went for testing and evaluation, everyone was very professional. The center was very clean and modern. We spoke with Dr. Roy and she was very patient and took time to answer all our questions. She said that it did look like a cancerous growth on my thyroid and she explained exactly what was going to happen during my surgery the next morning. When I arrived for surgery, the entire staff was very pleasant and professional. Dr. Clayman and Dr. Roy both spoke with me and my husband before surgery. The surgery lasted around an hour. When I awoke, Dr. Clayman and Dr. Roy both came by to check on me. They gave us their personal cell phone numbers and responded quickly when my husband asked a question. I have been back home over a week now and Dr. Clayman called me to give me the good news. The pathology report showed no cancer. I am relieved that that part of my thyroid is gone and I will not have to go have it monitored for years to come. I give credit to God for leading me to this place.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2019

Value

Dr. Clayman and his ENTIRE staff are the closest things to a miracle that I have ever experienced. For the last ten years, I have been ignored by multiple doctors and specialists telling me I am crazy, hysterical, or that all of my symptoms were just in my head. They repeatedly ignored abnormal blood test results, a nodule, a cyst and an enlarged thyroid because it wasn't "severe enough to treat" so for ten years I went in and out of hypo and hyperthyroidism. Along with this, I am a vocalist. I graduated from Berklee College Of Music and right around the time these symptoms started I also started having a lot of vocal issues. vocal fatigue, the voice cutting in and out and coughing fits. Still, no one would listen. They threw antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds my way each visit. I followed their advice to a T, I changed my diet, I tried to go to sleep at the same time every night, which is difficult when you have insomnia. I played everything by their book and I was failed time and time again. This last year I became a shadow of myself. I lost thirty pounds because I couldn't eat- I am already pretty small. My appetite was gone and each time I forced myself to eat I was throwing it right back up because my body was so anxiety-ridden that it was literally rejecting the food, I fell into a deep depression, slept maybe two hours a night, chronically fatigued to the point where I could feel it in my bones. I cried on and off most days, and lost complete motivation for anything. In a last-ditch effort I went to a nurse practitioner who agreed to refer me to a specialist (even that took convincing but since my labs were "somewhat abnormal", she agreed) I was hopeful about the specialist she referred me to... I should have known better. He sat me down in his office and said the only thing I suffer from is hysteria. Yes, in 2019 that is something that some male doctors still tell women apparently. Who knew. Anyways, I left there feeling lower than I had in my entire life. I felt helpless, crazy, and almost believed him. Until my mom found Dr. Clayman. This man has saved my life and I write this with tears in my eyes a week and a half out of my surgery. I went online, filled out all of my information, and sent him my labs. He PERSONALLY called me not even 20 mins later. No doctor has ever called me personally, nor have they ever gotten back with me that fast! I thought for sure he was going to tell me the same thing I had heard multiple times from everyone else, but I was wrong. He diagnosed me with Hashimotos Thyroiditis and told me it wasn't in my head it was in my neck. I just about broke down right then and there. For the first time in ten years, I had someone who was listening to me and not telling me I was crazy. He was very surprised and a little worried that my nodules had been there for so long with no one following up on it. I live in Kansas City and was scheduled for surgery two weeks later. I specifically sought out Dr. Clayman because he is one of the only specialists that can do the surgery without damaging the vocal folds, which my livelyhood depends on. I woke up already noticing a difference. I thought "well this has to be just a placebo effect" I woke up with very little anxiety, I wasn't freezing to death (usually I would require a hoodie in 80-degree weather) and my heart rate was down from a "normal" 155 to 60. So the proof was right in front of me. I am just so thankful and forever indebted to this man and his ENTIRE staff. They saved my life. Because I can't imagine how I could have continued to live like that. I am already singing again, and though my voice is going to take a little longer to be fully back to normal, I am already singing without any pain and I forgot what that was like. Moral of this novel, don't go see any other doctor. Dr. Clayman is the best of the best and he truly cares about his patients! He even personally called me a week after to check up on me and to set me up with a doctor here back home to get regular blood work done. I wish Dr's like him weren't such a rarity, but they are. My only regret is that I didn't meet him sooner. I feel better and better each and every day. If this is what a week and a half later feels like, I can't wait to see how much better I feel in a month, a year, and the rest of my life. Thank you Dr. Clayman, thank you to your staff, you guys are saving so many lives and there will never be enough words to express how grateful I am for you guys!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

Value

I was recently diagnosed with very suspicious nodules covering most of my left thyroid lobe. I was fortunate to be referred to The Clayman Thyroid Clinic. From the moment I made the first call to them, I became part of a team (my team). Dr Clayman, Dr Roy and their team are experts in their field and walked me through each step. Dr Clayman and his team’s compassion and sensitivity is beyond compare. I was put at ease immediately and reassured along the way. They instilled complete confidence in their knowledge and ability. My wound is still healing but looks very good. There has been very little discomfort. I am very fortunate that my nodules were benign. Dr Clayman was able to save my right thyroid lobe by not taking more than was necessary to heal my body. I whole heartedly recommend Dr Clayman, his team and The Clayman Thyroid Center for any issues regarding the thyroid. Thank you Dr Clayman, Dr Roy and your entire team for your exceptional care!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

Value

Dr. Clayman and Dr. Ray are doctors of a rare breed these days. I live in a town of top medical doctors, but even Mayo didn’t offer the expertise in this area that these two doctors offer. If the doctor your consulting with does 10 different procedures and the numbers are not high in specific thyroid removal you might want to consult with someone else. After I submitted my information, Dr. Ray called me right away to discuss my background information and Dr. Clayman called and left a message with his cell number to contact him. Dr. Ray did my pre op visit consultation 1 month prior to my surgery. I didn’t have to travel to different rooms or all over the hospital. The Ultrasound, blood work, vocal cord test, and consult was ALL done in 1 room. Everyone came to me. Everyone was so efficient, kind, and informative from the moment I walked to the front desk to check in. My surgery date was September 9, and I was having a large Nodule Removed on the left side that was restricting my breathing and swallowing. It was tested to be benign prior to pre op by FNA’s and ultrasound at Mayo (hometown). Ultrasound and bloodwork didn’t show anything unusual in Tampa as well, so all went as planned to remove the left side. In operating room, biopsy of Thyroid and 5 lymph nodes came back negative as well. Unfortunately, in my case, the sent out biopsy came back PDTC (Poorly Differentiated Thyroid Cancer), which was a surprise to myself and the doctors. I had read in Dr. Clayman’s information prior to surgery, that 50% of cancers are not detected until after removal and sent to a lab. We did go over, what they would do if the biopsy changed in the operating room, but quick frozen samples are not always accurate in the Operating room. Dr. Clayman sent my Pathology to a 2nd lab, MD Anderson in Texas. I looked up both Pathologist’s background information and found that the doctor at MD Anderson had about 40 years more experience than the one who did it in Tampa. This was very important to me, because PDTC is a very aggressive cancer and this diagnosis would affect my follow up care. During this wait time I called and Texted Dr. Clayman many times and he responded in no less than 5 minutes, even on the weekend. Dr. Clayman, truly understands and cares about his patients. Dr. Clayman, also called and spoke with my Endocrinologist at Mayo, back at my hometown to get my follow up care started prior to my appointment with her that day. I received my 2nd opinion biopsy from MD Anderson last Friday and it did change!! Not from Cancer, but the type at least. It was Follicular Thyroid Cancer, but was “totally encapsulated”. Which meant that Dr. Clayman/Dr. Ray Removed all of it and it was cured!!! I praise Dr. Clayman for his willingness to go the extra mile for me to make sure this diagnosis was as accurate as possible. My own personal belief, from this experience and past experience with my son, is that you should always get a 2nd opinion in cases that affect your life and follow up care for life. I will continue my bloodwork and monitoring here at Mayo with a new endocrinologist and former colleague of Dr. Clayman’s. I still have my right side thyroid, but If I ever need him again, which I hope that I don’t, I wouldn’t hesitate to make the trip to get the expertise and care of his entire staff. I would also like to acknowledge my anesthesiologist, whom listened careful to everything I had to say and talked with me about the meds he would be using. In past surgeries I have been overdosed and suffered greatly, but he assured me that wouldn’t happen here. I felt very confident in his care as well. When I woke, I was eating and drinking right away. I only needed Motrin and Ice during my post op recovery. I really never had to restrict my diet to soft foods only. At 2 ½ weeks my incision surgery glue came off and you could not even see the scare incision. It was perfect. I’m at 3 weeks post op today and I can’t wait to hit the gym again. Gradually of course. Thank you Dr. Clayman and Dr. Ray and your entire staff for your exceptional care!!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2019

Value

This is a beautiful facility with an awesome staff. I was treated with kindness and respect by each of the professionals who work at the Clayman Thyroid Cllinic. They made what could have been a very anxious time into a time of peace and confidence. Dr. Clayman did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend this practice to anyone with thyroid issues.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr, Clayman is nothing less than exceptional in the field of thyroid cancer surgery. I was operated by him last month for papillary cancer on one lobe of my thyroid.... Read more