Greenwich Hospital

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

Since my primary doctor did not have time for me, I went to the Greenwich Hospital Emergency Room with a fever , where Dr. Kristin Harkin, FIRST pushed for a CHEST X-RAY, which damages DNA and can Cause a Terminal Cancer for the Cancer Center$ of Greenwich to "cure", even though I stated the cause of the fever, which does not require any imaging of the chest, and even though she had not yet done or received blood test results, which confirmed the cause of the fever, and that no image(x-ray) was necessary. Her insistence on a Chest X-Ray violates Medical Ethics: First DO NO HARM! A safe Sonogram, or less risky MRI, can provide images without radiation. She also tried to take advantage of my fear of mortality to scare me into believing that I could suffer brain damage from a seizure or die, if I left the ER, which I did. Instead of providing facts to substantiate that a chest x-ray is necessary, she lied: she said she spoke to my other doctors, and they said I must have a chest x-ray. Upon leaving, my doctor called me, whereupon I discovered that she NEVER SPOKE TO HIM or any other doctor. Upon following up with my doctor, he did not find any reason for a chest x-ray, he found that slight abnormalities in blood tests were to be expected with a fever, and that there was no reason to expect a seizure. Her TACTICS are unethical, and potentially illegal. We will be talking with people in Greenwich about the dangerous over-use of X-RAYS, and abusive conduct by doctors. This is a shame, as many of the other specialists in this hospital are very ethical. Stand up for your ethical rights: JUST SAY NO TO RADIATION-X-RAYS, NO CT SCANS-NO CANCER! Talk with your attorney about your right to refuse harm.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017