Hwang Ronald T DDS

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

OFFICE MANAGER A PUGNACIOUS BULLY The website for Dr. Ronald Hwang’s dental practice states, “our philosophy is to do everything we can to allow you to receive the treatment you need to improve the quality of your life without worry.” Even though he knew about my stepson’s financial situation as a student in his forties living on disability, Dr. Hwang proved this statement by giving him 2 needed crowns in mid July. However, Dr. Hwang’s Office Manager, Monica, was not hired with this philosophy in mind. She telephoned to demand payment from my husband and me, and when I said we wanted to pay monthly, she snapped back several times during the conversation that they do not take payment plans. When I asked for Dr. Hwang’s e-mail address, she informed me that Dr. Hwang has sold his practice. Nor would she provide contact information for the owner of the practice because as Office Manager she claimed she has sole authority for payments. Her objective was to bully and intimidate me into immediately paying the $3,000 owed. When I said we did not have that amount sitting in the bank right now, she said she could send the invoice to a collection agency. My response was that it would make much more sense to talk to my husband and me because my stepson doesn’t have any money while we will pay. She hung up. After I e-mailed the office to ask for Dr. Hwang’s e-mail address and didn’t receive a reply, I telephoned twice. Both calls were cut off. Obviously the office has decided not to deal with my husband and me. It is clear that if you don’t have either a dental insurance plan or a few thousand spare dollars in your bank account, you should look elsewhere for a practice that accepts payment plans. You also might want to check out the personality of their Office Manager!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017