Rate CASA COLINA CENTERS FOR REHABILITATION

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

No justice for Mom. This is a sad outcome to a long 3 year journey. As many know I lost my mom three years ago. She was 87. She broke her hip on Christmas Eve . After surgery she was sent to Casa Colina Hospital for rehab. It has a stellar reputation and I would never have dreamed this would happen. I spent most days with her there. On Jan.9 I left her at 2 O'clock to run home for a couple hours. Left her at the door to her room in her wheel chair.with the physical therapist. They were to put her back in bed. I returned just before 5 for dinner. Mom was in excruciating pain. I was informed they were taking her to X-ray to confirm her hip was dislocated. She was transported back to the hospital for a second surgery. She never really recovered after that and went into hospice care. I asked the medical administrator how this could have happened and he promised to look into it. In my heart I knew it had happened while they were transferring her into her bed. Long story short I was told their investigation showed no wrong doing by their staff. I was not allowed to see the written report. I contacted Public Health to request an independent review. This took them more than two years to complete. In reality a CNA had moved mom by herself. Which is against policy. She was to have 2-person transfers per hospital policy. This was actually in the original hospital report I was not allowed to see. During this two year wait I had contacted a couple attorneys,, but they were reluctant to look into the case until the state investigation was complete..finally found an attorney through a friend that reviewed all the reports. In his opinion there is evidence to support a case, BUT of course now we are past statute of limitations and would have to prove fraud. This attorney is not in the the area and too busy to pursue litigation. I am devastated and beyond angry! So have decided my only option is to make others aware of the substandard and negligent care my mom received from Casa Colina Rehabilitation Hospital in Pomona, Ca. This is not a place for the elderly to go for rehab. I would ask that all who have taken the time to read this would please SHARE. Lying about the facts to cover up the truth is inexcusable! PLEASE SHARE for my mom.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Doctors at CASA COLINA CENTERS FOR REHABILITATION

Dr. Kerry N. Gott

Dr. Kerry N. Gott

1 review

Latest Rating

Dr Gott did cure my issue but his fabulous staff did all the work. Dr Gott needs to improve his wait times. I've waited for a hour just to see him more than once.