Heather Wright Clinic Saskatoon

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

I have had dr Wright as my doctor for many years. In August of 2015 I had blood in my stool in a daily basis and informed her of this. Without doing any sort of inspection she said it is likely internal hemroids and not to worry. I continued to mention the bleeding over the next few months with the same result. Finally 6 months later I asked for a colonoscopy and she ordered me one. I got booked for a rushed colonoscopy as the specialist was concerned with the blood. while waiting for the colonoscopy I asked Dr Wright if she could check to see if they are indeed internal hemroids and she said "I don't do that" and refused to examine me. I then had to ask for treatment for these so call hemroids which she have me after I asked. I finally got the colonoscopy in June of 2016 and bowel ulcers were found and so was acute colitis. I was very upset that it was not internal hemroids like dr wright had thought. I will be seeing a GI specialist in August for treatment. Again I am on the rushed list as everyone except Dr Wright seemed to think the situation was urgent. In my opinion, if you are unwilling to examine someone for internal hemroids, then immediately refer them out, do not assume that's what it is without an exam. I am the patient and should not have to be asking to the colonoscopy, treatment for the hemroids and an exams; it is the doctor who should be doing these things.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Doctors at Heather Wright Clinic Saskatoon

Dr. Heather Wright

Dr. Heather Wright

Latest Rating

Very glad Dr. Wright is my family's general practitioner. She's patient, really listens and doesn't hesitate to send you to a specialist if needed