Montreal Eye Institute

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

I went for an eye exam and I was told it is covered under healthcare and have to pay only $40 for the drops that they use to examine the eyes. The optometrist, a young man, looked at my chart and said "i don't even have to look at your eyes to know you need glasses, since you're 47". But he did, and he said my eyes are healthy, the one that I complained about is drier than the other, and probably need glasses, which he said on the short term I could get from the drug store. He said he doesn't do prescription and referred me to another place to go to, which would have probably charged me for another eye exam, since this doctor did not give me a prescription. He gave me absolutely know information about my eyes, and told me to come back in a month to check for the dry eye problem (and to pay another $40). So I went for a second opinion at Harry Toulch's, and Mike Toulch was excellent!! He explained exactly the conditions of my eyes, how they each see differently and spent a lot of time to with me to educate and to figure out what type of lenses I need. He also said that not to use the over-the-counter drops the other dr. 'prescribed' 4x a day because it's unnecessary. Yes I paid for this exam and got a discount with frames, lenses, and it was worth every penny of it. He felt it was very strange and unprofessional not to receive precise information about my eyes, not to receive a prescription and being sent to another place.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr Fanous is a very competent professional, excellent service. rachad shoucri