Theravive Counselling Winnipeg - Alan Vanderwater

Clinic

Rate Theravive Counselling Winnipeg - Alan Vanderwater

Ratings for Theravive Counselling Winnipeg - Alan Vanderwater

Value

I have truly benefited from working with Alan. He is patient and kind and very easy to talk to. He has a gift of being able to see the best in everyone and putting that into perspective when its not always clear to the recipient. He challenges me to see things thru from different views. I always leave the office feeling positive and confident that I'm steered in the right direction. In addition to our on site visits Alan has gone above and beyond by providing me with articles/links, book suggestions and "homework" for me to prepare for our next session. He is very responsive to all my questions and addresses my worries with nurturing assurance and support. Highly recommend Alan.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Value

Very easy man to talk to and trust. Been a great help for me. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Value

We saw Alan as our marriage was in crisis. He excels at creating a safe environment where each side feels supported. Any change in behaviour ultimately has to come from the people who are struggling with a relationship problem. Alan is not going to tell you what to do, as no therapist should. But he excels at helping both sides uncover the root issues that are damaging a relationship, while never assigning blame or condemning either person's actions, even when one has done harm to the other; and he excels at helping couples realize the possible future outcomes, good and bad, of not changing deep-rooted harmful behaviour patterns. My sense is that Alan deeply likes people and sees the good in them first, which is not true of all people, and this is often a key reason why relationships falter and may ultimately fail. Our sessions with Alan steered us towards seeing the positive in each other, not just the negative. Human emotions are complex, and there is no prescription Alan or any therapist can give to "fix" a relationship that's going downhill. What Alan does really well is to get you talking and listening to each other, and steering you away from your relationship status quo towards something new and different that is healthy and respectful and loving, if that is the transformative journey you want to take.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Value

I saw Alan Vanderwater for an extended period of time while I was on long term disability for numerous personal and professional problems going on in my life including drug addiction. Alan was kind, patient and considerate to my situations and always had positive suggestions on how to improve my quality of life both personally and professionally. He is great at listening and always sees the positive in me when I could not see it myself. Our weekly sessions were always something I looked forward to. I felt safe with him and was not ever afraid to open up where my head was with him. I would highly recommend Alan as a counsellor to anyone who asks me.

Value

Allan is absolutely terrific, in particular for couples (as that is my experience). I personally know of 2 marriages that he has saved/improved. I would suggest him to either a young couple getting started to get themselves on the right track or a long time couple with years of baggage that needs "unpacking". The best thing about him is that he is very fair so neither husband or wife feel as if they are being ganged up on.

Value

I found Alan's service to be very helpful. He was particularly great at helping me see things from a different perspective during a time when I felt very overwhelmed by work and family obligations. This new outlook helped me regain a feeling of control over my life, and gave me the tools I will need to help manage these feelings if they return.

Value

Alan is a good listener, and that's all. Don't expect any actual help from him.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Doctors at Theravive Counselling Winnipeg - Alan Vanderwater

Dr. Sam Smal

Dr. Sam Smal

Latest Rating

What an excellent Dr. I'm so glad my wife suggested I go to him. He is smart, has a great sense of humor and you know from talking to him that he's doing his best... Read more